Stevie Whyte ......... Auchinleck Talbot

Harry Beaver

Sorry to hear Auchinleck Talbot stalwart Stevie Whyte had a terrible injury today, broken leg and dislocated ankle at 33 years of age I fear Stevie's career maybe over if it is its a sad day a truly fantastic player for the club for the best part of 8/9 seasons I wish him well on his recovery.

I've always rated him highly, often told my Talbot supporting friend that if money was no object he would have been one of the first I would try and sign. Workrate is superb, and he can play a bit too. Hope he can recover ok.

copied from Steven's mums facebook page

Just a quick update Steven has broken and dislocated his ankle, he's seen the surgeon and is going to theatre in the morning to have a plate fitted. I'm off to hospital will post any news later. Huge well done today boys great result

Didn't see anything untoward from where I was standing, when the play shifted from where he lay it was then I noticed him in obvious distress..

Sorry to hear this cracking player...

Far traveled today wishyman.. Have u been snaping up another wan o they gid ayrshire boys...l.o.l

Hope your good buddy.

The ball dropped between Steven White, & Cumnock's Steve Canning,I believe it was. Steven White,tried to turn with the ball & Stevie Canning blocked his run. Steven White knew instantly the injury was serious.

Two highly committed midfielders trying to win possesion inside the centre circle 20mns into the game. No foul play involved.

Good luck Steven, get fit soon.

Sorry to hear this cracking player...

Far traveled today wishyman.. Have u been snaping up another wan o they gid ayrshire boys...l.o.l

Hope your good buddy.

Hi jimmy boy, hope you're well pal.

Took in this game today as I needed some excitement in my life. Men against boys mate. Left somewhat disappointed at Cumnock showing but full credit to Talbot for spanking their arses.

No more dogs for me mate, these two are plenty.

Take care Jimmy D.

I have to say that the challenge didn't even warrant a second look and I followed the game as I didn't think anything serious had happened.

He is a player that opposition fans, particularly at Cumnock, love to hate, but, nobody wishes that kind of thing on any player.

Hope he gets back playing and that some of the gloomy predictions that this could end his career are well wide if the mark

Nice to see all the positive messages from the Cumnock fans and some from the Cumnock players aswell. A top player whitey, good lad into the bargain and I hope he makes a full recovery. One things for sure, he will get the best help from the club.

Nobody epitomises the Talbot "way" more than Steven. I think the comments on here from other clubs show just how well respected he is across the game. Fairly sure it's his testimonial season next year so hope he'll be back for that.

Archived