Clydebank FC

BankieBear

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to change something, but I don't think getting rid of the manager is the answer.

I can't see him getting sacked tbh, I would think that given this is the first season that Clydebank look like they are struggling that most people would give Budgie the chance to sort it.

FOTJ is right ... the Juniors team were formed in 1899 as Clydebank Juniors ... and were a reasonably successful team based at Kilbowie Park and then New Kilbowie until 1964 when we became ES Clydebank. This lasted a season before E Stirling returned to Falkirk and we came Clydebank FC in our own right. We gained membership of the SFL in 1966 until 2002 and the club bought and relocated to Airdrie. I'd suggest that the current team are the spiritual successor to the team having its roots in the Juniors from 1899.

Most of the guys running the club and the older fans were hardly born or were in short trousers when the club was a Junior side so the majority of us grew up watching us as a Senior side - Cooper, Fallon, Gallacher, Eadie, McCabe etc etc

Fair to say there's a split re ambitions and expectation ... and I dont think its useful for me to comment on that here. What I would say is that i've throughly enjoyed the last 11 seasons in the Juniors and met loads of great folk. So respect to the Juniors is something I dont have a problem with. Whatever happens in the future - I have no inkling what that will be yet - then these years will be looked upon fondly by those of us lucky enough to be around for it

Let's take a more pragmatic look at the situation for Clydebank fans. If I had supported my team in the senior leagues and seen them play top flight football for years, then disappear down the hole, then I'd have mixed feelings about being in the Juniors. On one hand I'd be glad my club were still alive but on the other I'd be hankering to get back to the heights we were once at.

For me, it's only natural for some connected with the club to want to get out of the Juniors. However, they should express so with respect to the grade which has given them a home and a platform to play football.

Very well put and totally agree.

Let's take a more pragmatic look at the situation for Clydebank fans. If I had supported my team in the senior leagues and seen them play top flight football for years, then disappear down the hole, then I'd have mixed feelings about being in the Juniors. On one hand I'd be glad my club were still alive but on the other I'd be hankering to get back to the heights we were once at.

For me, it's only natural for some connected with the club to want to get out of the Juniors. However, they should express so with respect to the grade which has given them a home and a platform to play football.

I think that is fair comment, a bit different from saying most Bankies fans have contempt for the Junior game; I have not had that feeling from any game I've been at - I think they are grateful and happy to still have a team playing in the Juniors while naturally considering where they would like to be in future.

Just jump ship now do us all a favour. Budgie knows the score that the juniors is the best of non league fitba and will get another gig with some money.

You guys can approach owney Coyle, a know he is a good Tim and Diamonds legend but he did well for you also and you can sell him your master plan i am sure he would jump at it.

Owney look we need a new gaffer, , we are ditching this junior fitba crap, and heading for the big bright lights of the lowland league, from there the sky is the limit. Don't worry we will be making mega money in that league and scrapping about in the early rounds of the senior Scottish cup so you won't need to bother with that race night,, golf day bollocks.

Once we get our new stadium, you have my word we will pack it out, Spartans, Edinburgh uni and the likes will have them coming back in there droves, and the possibility the likes of Montrose , east Stirling etc coming to town in the future the future would be bright. Think about it owney ,join us in this journey and don't worry i can guarantee you will never have to visit Craigmark.

Just jump ship now do us all a favour. Budgie knows the score that the juniors is the best of non league fitba and will get another gig with some money.

You guys can approach owney Coyle, a know he is a good Tim and Diamonds legend but he did well for you also and you can sell him your master plan i am sure he would jump at it.

Owney look we need a new gaffer, , we are ditching this junior fitba crap, and heading for the big bright lights of the lowland league, from there the sky is the limit. Don't worry we will be making mega money in that league and scrapping about in the early rounds of the senior Scottish cup so you won't need to bother with that race night,, golf day bollocks.

Once we get our new stadium, you have my word we will pack it out, Spartans, Edinburgh uni and the likes will have them coming back in there droves, and the possibility the likes of Montrose , east Stirling etc coming to town in the future the future would be bright. Think about it owney ,join us in this journey and don't worry i can guarantee you will never have to visit Craigmark.

yawn

This is desperate looking stuff tbh.

The fact that you even mention the word "tim" shows you for what you are.

Archived