Clueless Jim v Clueless Jim

But the alternative is that there was another good side, say Morton (snigger), who had had a blistering start and could be 10 points clear by now, meaning that by the time Jefferies is punted and Dunfermline pick up it could have been too late. As it is, Dunfermline have had a pretty poor start but are only 2 points from the top of the league. As you point out, Dunfermline have the most potential to improve throughout the season, they are daft enough to spunk whatever money they have (or don't have...) at it to try to get there, it's in their DNA. Which is why despite their pretty poor signings and diddy of a manager I still think they'll win the league.

They don't though. This is the full-time, big-spending myth of this level. Dunfermline have recruited a woeful, crap squad, Morton have did little better given reduced resources. If Forfar have the squad depth then they could win this league.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jurassic Jim's Paleontological Postscript - link

Seems fair enough - none of the 'we wuz robbed' stuff. The gist of it is that we didn't take our chances, Morton did. Long way to go etc.

Really? Dominated first half?

Both teams were murder, the sooner he fucks off the better.

They don't though. This is the full-time, big-spending myth of this level. Dunfermline have recruited a woeful, crap squad, Morton have did little better given reduced resources. If Forfar have the squad depth then they could win this league.

Aunty, baws uncle.

Dot net meltdown tonight. Deleted threads, red cards and people insulting each other.

Truth is JJ is struggling and the directors aren't happy with the last few games.

Speculation about Calderwood being there was true. But he's working in Holland.

Swankie and young out today,struggled but it was windy as fuxk. For the first time In years I beleive we have some strength in depth

Forfar fans bookmarking this en masse...

Fair enough but history tells us that when there are full time teams in league 1/second division generally they win the league or if more than one, share the top two spots. The exception to,that rule is ourselves when we got stuck in the second for a few seasons and once, I think Partick maybe around the late nineties. That both full time clubs are still in touch at this stage is telling.

2-1 Pars win I'm going for. I wouldn't drop Moffat though. I'd perhaps consider dropping him in the next game if he is looking dodgy against Morton. As for Gozie - he should be given the last 25mins to prove his worth to us - after that wild charade last week.

Barrowman to score of course. Hopefully see the big man back with us next season. . .

Unlucky.

post-38855-0-14215000-1414314421_thumb.j

That's what I was saying to my mate today. We are utterly honking, Duffy has led a full time side to 5 defeats in a largely part-time league yet we can go 1 point off the top should we beat Forfar in a fortnight. Bizarre.

How is it bizarre ?

Surely it is more a case that the league is tighter and more evenly matched than anyone expected.

A lot of disrespect shown to some well organised part time teams .

Quite easily the worst performance since the Cowdenbeath play-off debacle.

Made Morton, who are also terrible at football, look like world beaters. Every centre back we've came across this season has strolled it against our strikers bar Airdrie.

Calderwood at the game as well, would definitely take him back. Folk still call him 'Judas' for moving to Aberdeen back in 2004. If you had the chance to advance your career and go to a bigger club, you'd take it as well. Also this gripe about the money that he spent which inevitably came back to bite us on the arse. Don't see how that was his fault, the manager doesn't divvy up the books and hasn't got the authority to question where the money is coming from. That's the board's job.

Would take anyone with an iota of a clue in all honesty.

So, according to the happy clappers, JJ should stay because 1: He stood by us when we were in admin and worked for free. 2: He needs more time (despite this being his 3rd season). 3: Will cost too much to release him, plummeting us into admin again.

Never mind how shite we are and will be nowhere near winning the title, JJ done a good thing 2 years ago and therefore should stay. Should also be included into the hall of fame. Obviously would cost millions to release him as well.

Fucking morons.

Archived