Clueless Jim v Clueless Jim

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone confirmed as fit for this match bar Ryan Wallace who continues to be out.

With that in mind, I'd line up:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Martin

Whittle

Spence

Geggan

Falkingham

Faissal

Moffat

Stirling

Subs:

Goodfellow

Millen

Urquhart

Byrne

Thomson

Ugwu

Smith

I suggest bringing in our two most frustrating players, Forbes and Byrne, dropping a misfiring striker, Moffat, and giving Ugwu the chance to redeem himself.

Scully

Whittle

Buchanan

Martin

Williamson

Spence

Forbes

Byrne

Falkingham

Fais

Ugwu

No chance of most of that but Moffat doesn't even look like the intelligent footballer we seen in the first half dozen games.

Going for 2-0 pars. 1st O.G, 2nd Ugwu tap in after keeper saves a spence thunderbolt.

Duffy is talking in today's paper about making us a little harder to beat away from home, and suggesting that too many of our midfielders are attack-minded. Of course, he conveniently doesn't mention that he was the one who signed the lot of them, but that's a discussion for another time,

With the above in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crighton come back into the centre of defence, and Thomas O'Ware playing in the holding midfield role to give a bit more cover to the defence. With both McCluskey's doubtful again, we're going to struggle for width, so we really need to play Mark Russell on the left hand side of midfield if both don't make it, to give us a bit of natural width.

We might play something like the following

241014221143.png

Duffy is talking in today's paper about making us a little harder to beat away from home, and suggesting that too many of our midfielders are attack-minded. Of course, he conveniently doesn't mention that he was the one who signed the lot of them, but that's a discussion for another time,

With the above in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crighton come back into the centre of defence, and Thomas O'Ware playing in the holding midfield role to give a bit more cover to the defence. With both McCluskey's doubtful again, we're going to struggle for width, so we really need to play Mark Russell on the left hand side of midfield if both don't make it, to give us a bit of natural width.

241014221143.png

Loving your optimism Darren, that clearly comes from someone who hasn't actually watched at first hand the shambles that is Jim Duffy's attempt at putting a decent team together to even get in to a play-off spot. We've been rank all season except, ironically the game at home against Dunfermline.

2-1 Pars win I'm going for. I wouldn't drop Moffat though. I'd perhaps consider dropping him in the next game if he is looking dodgy against Morton. As for Gozie - he should be given the last 25mins to prove his worth to us - after that wild charade last week.

Barrowman to score of course. Hopefully see the big man back with us next season. . .

Was quite impressed with a few morton players and their work rate in the game down there.

Pepper and mcmanus, we need to stop them. Pepper bullied us a bit until ryan thomson came on and booted him! I would play ryan from the start or put spence on him.

Loving your optimism Darren, that clearly comes from someone who hasn't actually watched at first hand the shambles that is Jim Duffy's attempt at putting a decent team together to even get in to a play-off spot. We've been rank all season except, ironically the game at home against Dunfermline.

I'm not particularly optimistic mate, just thought I would try and stimulate some conversation from a Morton perspective, as most of the chat had been Dunfermline related. the team I posted looks way too narrow, but might be about the only option we have if J. McCluskey is out. Duffy really has to address our lack of width, a loan signing or something.

I'm not particularly optimistic mate, just thought I would try and stimulate some conversation from a Morton perspective, as most of the chat had been Dunfermline related. the team I posted looks way too narrow, but might be about the only option we have if J. McCluskey is out. Duffy really has to address our lack of width, a loan signing or something.

Like resigning.

241014221143.png

8)

Playing hoof ball to Moffat most of that half. Millen has to start no matter what, even out of position. Morton looks streets ahead of us in the final third. Be amazed if we even score in this match.

Archived