Be Afraid

Mine Man

It wasn't just the borderline decisions which were poor though. As Glencairn Lad mentioned above and I also said in my report, Perthshire's no.11 Tait had just been booked for a foul on Jordan Dalzell, and then almost immediately committed the same foul on Del Esplin right in front of the referee. A free kick was given, but the referee bottled out of a second yellow and didn't even speak to the player who he had booked for the same offence only shortly beforehand. There were also lots of other small but incorrect decisions by the referee.

4th goal, ball definitely seems to travel forward so the possibility of offside is there and the glens defender appears to be more or less alongside the Perthshire player making the assist so that would suggest offside, but looks quite a tight call with not much in it.

Doesn't matter if the balls travels forward, so long as the player is behind the ball at the moment it's played. Which I think he probably is, though it's impossible to be sure from that angle. (It's certainly not "very clear".)

Can't tell whether the second crossed the line or not. Both penalties look plausible though the ref had better views than the camera for both.

The only clear error shown by those highlights is the failure to give the handball.

How the referee can say that crossed the line is outrageous. He's guessed at it n by the looks of it got it horribly wrong.

You are absolutely correct. We have all been there in relation to poor decisions from refs, however this display from this ref was on level I have never witnessed before.

Perthshire flying this season compared to last, ain't gonna be easy for Ladeside next sat that's for sure, is Billy Adams back in the dugout? had the pleasure of meeting the guy last year during his ban, could have listened to him all day tbh , the amount of time he has put into that club over the decades is astonishing, the guy really is Mr Perthshire. Couldn't believe how enthusiastic he was about this season considering the disaster of the season both he and the shire had just endured. His enthusiasm had paid off though, magnificent start to the season.

You are absolutely correct. We have all been there in relation to poor decisions from refs, however this display from this ref was on level I have never witnessed before.

ffs ! Get over it man! It's a game of football and one game at that. Move on to next week. Well done the shire .

Doesn't matter if the balls travels forward, so long as the player is behind the ball at the moment it's played. Which I think he probably is, though it's impossible to be sure from that angle. (It's certainly not "very clear".)

Can't tell whether the second crossed the line or not. Both penalties look plausible though the ref had better views than the camera for both.

The only clear error shown by those highlights is the failure to give the handball.

To be fair though, the referee had a much closer and better view of all of the incidents than the video did. But there's no way that he could honesty say that he was 100% certain that the 2nd goal crossed the line from where he was positioned.

Feel the need to comment after watching the video. From the highlights it's hard to see where the criticism of the ref comes from, granted over the course of the game there may have been a lot of small contensous decisions that were strange but in my opinion the 'big' decisions on the video he got right. 1st penalty was a stonewalled defender pushed attacker blatantly and ref was perfectly placed to see it. Whether the ball crossed the line or not who knows, I don't think the ref will have 'guessed' he must be sure if he awarded the goal, no point in debating it as the video is inconclusive, what I will say is the keeper didn't cover himself in glory, if he stays big he saves it and the debate doesn't happen. 2nd penalty looks fairly clear the defenders leg is left out and the striker is going to go over, lazy defending and regardless of contact the ref has a decision to make and at first glance looks a penalty and rightly a 2nd yellow! 4th goal looks from video that the striker is behind the ball however unless in line u will never kno, ref got no help so prob looks onside to him. Handball was never a handball no intent and no advantage. It gets very easy to blame referees when teams play poorly, as I said, in my opinion blame the defending before the ref as he does a hard job with no help, no thanks and plenty of abuse.

Just remember, everyone has a bad day now and then

...Whether the ball crossed the line or not who knows, I don't think the ref will have 'guessed' he must be sure if he awarded the goal...

In my opinion that is exactly what the referee did, i.e. he guessed. He couldn't possibly see from where he was that the whole of the ball had bounced behind the line, so he can't award a goal if that is the case.

Anyway, it's done. The referee's decisions (on the pitch) yesterday cannot be over-ruled, and there was no official referee observer present at the match.

We now move on to Culter on Saturday.

Watched the highlights only big decision that looks like he got wrong was the 3rd goal don't think it crossed the line

Just watched the video.

Agree with your comments.

If he can't see it clearly , he shouldn't give it. Bad decision that's probably cost Rutherglen s place in the next tound

I think the only debatable decision was whether the ball crossed the line or not he looks to have other decisions correct, but this was a big decision to make so he had to be 100% sure and I think the ball was travelling to fast for the ref to make the call from where he was positioned. Big difference from drawing 2 each and looking for a winner than being a goal down and desperately chasing an equalizer which allows Perthshire to hit glens on the break

Correct, the decision to award the equaliser completely changed the game, it was a huge decision in the context of the game and it came down to a guess by the referee.

But it can't be changed now.

Let it go glens,jist let it go. :(

Does the OP think he knows more about refereeing than a trained and qualified referee?

What extraordinary arrogance. When you're reading a Brief History of time do you wax lyrically about the metaphysical challenges of the proposed theory?

lol jk, I know you're a juniors fan.

Does the OP think he knows more about refereeing than a trained and qualified referee?

What extraordinary arrogance. When you're reading a Brief History of time do you wax lyrically about the metaphysical challenges of the proposed theory?

lol jk, I know you're a juniors fan.

Well,since wee Stephen covers a number of theories in his excellent book,it looks like you're going to have to be more specific here,bud.

Are we talking black hole,space-time,elementary particles,or maybe Doppler shift here? Narrow it down for us,mate. ;)

Archived