Realistic number of SNP MPs after 2015 General Election.

John Lambies Doos

What like these. Posts number 2 and 3 on the thread

Oh Lexy boy! It's not been his finest week on here. That's almost as good as his prediction that St Mirren would finish no lower than 8th and that we were to 'mark his words'.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do, but inland it may be similar to East ren. Let's not forget Ayr itself voted Tory in 2011.

2011 isn't now. The SNP did far better than they even imagined in 2011, but they didn't have the sort of country-wide support they do now. All of Ayrshire's seats are going to go SNP. Every fucking Tory along the Golf Coast could tactically vote for Donohoe (as I'm Brian said, Ayrshire's seats are weirdly gerrymandered such that Prestwick is in Central while Ayr itself is in some weird spider-shaped constituency that takes in the southern satellite villages) and it wouldn't save him, and Ashcroft had a twelve-point lead for Corri Wilson in Ayr herself (likely higher now) such that more than half of the die-hard Tory vote would need to lend itself to Sandra Osborne.

2011 isn't now. The SNP did far better than they even imagined in 2011, but they didn't have the sort of country-wide support they do now. All of Ayrshire's seats are going to go SNP. Every fucking Tory along the Golf Coast could tactically vote for Donohoe (as I'm Brian said, Ayrshire's seats are weirdly gerrymandered such that Prestwick is in Central while Ayr itself is in some weird spider-shaped constituency that takes in the southern satellite villages) and it wouldn't save him, and Ashcroft had a twelve-point lead for Corri Wilson in Ayr herself (likely higher now) such that more than half of the die-hard Tory vote would need to lend itself to Sandra Osborne.

1/16 for Corri.

This makes interesting reading to see how modest the predictions were in the beginning. It makes me realise just how amazing the final result was.

This makes interesting reading to see how modest the predictions were in the beginning. It makes me realise just how amazing the final result was.

In the beginning, I couldn't bring myself to look for anything remotely close to what the polls were saying yesterday.

The results may have turned this into a Gold-worthy thread if only for posterity. Fascinating stuff.

Expected 30-35. Absolutely delighted to have been wrong.

Me too.

The swings have been absolutely unprecedented. I never, ever thought I'd have a SNP member of parliament in this constituency. Never.

The results may have turned this into a Gold-worthy thread if only for posterity. Fascinating stuff.

▲ ▲ ▲ ▲

This. This result will be taught and spoke about for years to come. And this thread could be used as a primary source on the expectations of the people.

Archived