Realistic number of SNP MPs after 2015 General Election.

John Lambies Doos

Scot Goes Pop! reckons 50+ is not outside realms of possibility.

:)

The National:

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/poll-analysis-methodology-may-even-mean-scotlands-ruling-party-is-being-underestimated.796

Blog:

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/

"Forget recent projections that the SNP might win 35 seats. On the basis of what we’re seeing now, the quirks of first-past-the-post could deliver a spectacular result that will make even the bolder projections of 50 seats look laughably tame."

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been guilty of this myself but a lot of so called experts seem to be just looking at the amount of seats the snp are on course to win and going, 'hmmm that looks high, let's half it or minus ten.'

Scot Goes Pop! reckons 50+ is not outside realms of possibility.

Bad news for the SNP then... given the monumental c**t of himself the SGP clown made in the Referendum predictions.

Bad news for the SNP then... given the monumental c**t of himself the SGP clown made in the Referendum predictions.

Ah there you are.

Care to round up your previously laughable prediction of SNP seats? How many did you reckon? 11?

After the disappointment of September I won't be getting carried away until election night is over and the SNP have actually skelped Labour into obilvion.

Seeing the sheer panic is hilarious though.

What are the chances of SNP winning every seat in Scotland? Is there a seat that they have no chance of winning? Maybe one of those Orkney type places

Orkney and Shetland is the one that is usually seen as being beyond the realms of possibility, because a lot of people there are lukewarm at best about Scottish identity and there is a very strong Liberal tradition going back to the late 19th century and the Crofters Act. The Holyrood 2011 election numbers would translate into it still being safe for the Lib Dems, so unless Alistair Carmichael has annoyed a lot of people, he'll get in again.

Orkney and Shetland is the one that is usually seen as being beyond the realms of possibility, because a lot of people there are inbred

Orkney and Shetland is the one that is usually seen as being beyond the realms of possibility, because a lot of people there are lukewarm at best about Scottish identity and there is a very strong Liberal tradition going back to the late 19th century and the Crofters Act. The Holyrood 2011 election numbers would translate into it still being safe for the Lib Dems, so unless Alistair Carmichael has annoyed a lot of people, he'll get in again.

Alistair Carmichael is a c**t's c**t.

I remember during the indyref he was being interviewed by some BBC journo. He was saying that BBC journos have been threatened and intimidated by those evil cybernats.

She said "I haven't been threatened and I don't know anyone who has"

Carmichael said "But it has happened!!!"

She said "I'm not aware of any BBC journalist being initimidated or threatened"

Carmichael said something along the lines of "But! But! Cybernats!!"

A fucking fool and more fool the Orcadians and Shetlanders if they want that wanksock representing them.

I personally think the SNP should be doing more to engage with folk from Orkney and Shetland tbh. I know the two are quite different but they've managed to make the Western Isles a safe seat at both Westminster and Holyrood over the years. Their yes vote was above the national average too.

After the disappointment of September I won't be getting carried away until election night is over and the SNP have actually skelped Labour into obilvion.

Seeing the sheer panic is hilarious though.

aye, we are not going to get complacent. I will still be happy with 25 seats but a landslide would be amazing. thing is we have the numbers in terms of activists, all over the country a snp army is working hard, the other parties simply not have the numbers

Ah there you are.

Care to round up your previously laughable prediction of SNP seats? How many did you reckon? 11?

I really don't think you want to get into the realms of laughable predictions, given your referendum performance, so bad you had to beg to have your posting rights removed, slink off, reappear under an alias, abandon that then slither back as some sort of "The Grey Ghost" type abomination.

Truly, the most embarrassing episode ever on this site. And that includes Kilt and xbl.

How unlike you to focus is in on one tiny insignificant part of the debate.

Facts are a bit of a problem when you wish to introduce a shite Nat blog into the debate, as if it was some sort of credible pollwatcher.

SGP had a holocaust pre-referendum, ending up in the same mess that the clown types here did. A total busted flush with zero credibility. He should be completely ignored in any pollster chat on here.

A blind chimp with a bag of felt tip pens has a better chance of being right than the crowdfunder.

Facts are a bit of a problem when you wish to introduce a shite Nat blog into the debate, as if it was some sort of credible pollwatcher.

SGP had a holocaust pre-referendum, ending up in the same mess that the clown types here did. A total busted flush with zero credibility. He should be completely ignored in any pollster chat on here.

A blind chimp with a bag of felt tip pens has a better chance of being right than the crowdfunder.

In this case, all Kelly has done is post the results of the Ashcroft polls, what analysis he has done on them would seem to chime with the consensus in the media so he's hardly being controversial or going out on a limb with this one - so battering him for credibility seems pointless given he's not actually putting it out there.

Given the national polls, and now the Ashcroft constituency polling, what's your opinion on how we've apparently come to this?

Archived