Realistic number of SNP MPs after 2015 General Election.

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you take 30 SNP seats now if offered (geniune question to SNP and Labour supporters)?

I would've done 2 months ago, but I'd gamble on more now to be honest. If you'd said 35, I'd have said yes.

Would you take 30 SNP seats now if offered (geniune question to SNP and Labour supporters)?

I would've done 2 months ago, but I'd gamble on more now to be honest. If you'd said 35, I'd have said yes.

Like Kyle I'd probably see that as an anti-climax now. 35 - 40 appears to be realistic given the consistency of the polls.

Also, the higher the number goes the more likely we are to see some of the more unsavory Labour MPs lose their seats.

I'd take 30.

So would I, but I think there's every chance the SNP will get more now. The SNP vote appears to be holding strong against a barrage of labour friendly press and daft soundbites. Seems a lot of the yes vote (and a fair chunk of the no vote too in fairness) has rallied behind the SNP.

Thirty would obviously still be orgasmic, but with current polling forty is more than achievable.

Either way, there would/will be numerous Labour and Lib Dem welts ending up unemployed.

I would bite your hand off for thirty. As far as I am concerned it is the absolute minimum number the SNP need to give them any credible voice. It's a majority and it gives them an unequivocal right to go and sock it to the unionist parties on behalf of a majority of Scotland.

I've got a horrible feeling that they will fall just a little short in many of the seats. Swingwise it will be earth shattering, seatwise it will be disappointing. I really hope I am wrong

As long as the SNP take a chunk off Labour and the Lib Dems, giving them more seats than the two combined, I'd settle for that i.e. 30 seats to the SNP (+24). However, the polls are still strong for the SNP and the overall percentage vote for them will not drop by much, if at all, so aiming for 35-40 seats is definitely do-able but 30 would still be glorious.

I just saw on Twitter that the SNP's candidate in Central Ayrshire is an NHS surgeon.

I'd expect her to be pretty popular.

Is that the same one who did the speech in the run up to the indy ref?

Yes and Yes. Up against Donohoe.the Russian submarine expert. If elected she will make a good MP. Tough ask to unseat him though, but certainly not impossible. Media already taking an interest so will be a high profile seat.

Yes and Yes. Up against Donohoe.the Russian submarine expert. If elected she will make a good MP. Tough ask to unseat him though, but certainly not impossible. Media already taking an interest so will be a high profile seat.

4/7 Donohoe 6/4 Phillipa

Archived