Your First Scotland Game

Mr Gandosaur

Its quite incredible to think how bad Spain were then - or how good we were? Probably a wee bit of both.

From the highlights its Scotland dominating the ball and creating chances - with Spain relying on a set-piece to score.

28 years eh? Christ knows what will be happening in 2042.

Spain qualified for that World Cup ahead of us and went further, once there.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scotland 2 England 1 in summer of 1976. Dalglish fired in a goal through Ray Clemence's legs for the winner and Gordon McQueen grabbed the first. It's been broadly downhill since...

Oh ffs.

Are you people now doing this on purpose? McQueen scored the first in 1977.

15th November 1989 when we drew 1-1 with Norway to qualify for Italia '90.

(That's if we exclude the Scotland v Saudi Arabia u19s final earlier that year and Scotland v Celtic for Alan Rough's testimonial at Firhill in 1982 or thereabouts).

I felt like I'd been fisted when I watched Steven Caldwell play for Scotland....

:(

What about him diving across the box to slide in the winning goal against Italy in 2008 though?

Glorious.

What about him diving across the box to slide in the winning goal against Italy in 2008 though?

Glorious.

Good point forgot about that......just my memory's been blurred by him & his brothers honking performance in the 4-0 defeat to Finland in Helsinki under Craig Levein.

Archived