Your First Scotland Game

Mr Gandosaur

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poland think mines was a 1 1 draw I think back in the early nineties went along with my friend Andy a big Celtic fan,big Alan MacInally was warming up and got pelters from our own fans cos he looked fat and overweight

Doddsy hatrick. The greatest performance by a sub of all time

You're thinking of the Tynecastle game, not the Rugby Park one, in which the 2-0 scoreline precluded the provision of hatricks.

Dodds didn't get three in the other one anyway, did he?

Moldova - Win

Belarus - Loss

Switzerland - Loss

Faroe Islands - Win

France - Win

Georgia - Win

Lithuania - Win

Ukraine - Win

Italy - Loss

Northern Ireland - Draw

Iceland - Win

Considering the Switzerland and NI games were friendlies, my record for competitive games is W7, D0, L2.

locke.png

Sort of a follow on from the W/D/L thread. What was your first Scotland game?

Mine was February 2003 in a friendly against Republic of Ireland at Hampden. We lost 2-0 and were dreadful. Clinton Morrison score and I think Kevin Kilbane got the other. Not sure we even had a shot on goal that night!

This was my first one too. Got a Scotland scarf with Homer and Bart Simpson on it and remember my dad shouting "just watch the bloody game!" at me because I was asking so many daft questions. Would only have just turned 7. In fact, if it was in the February it would no doubt have been a birthday present from my dad.

Dodds hat trick. Big Lolz. First match was the Romania friendly, Dalglish's 100th cap, with my old man snecking box tickets from one of his gaffers in a prize draw, so punted his North Enclosure family briefs outside for a quid. Going by what im told you'd gave struggled to guess who the four year old was as we were allegedly surrounded by Beckenbauer and other greats along with players not involved and top managers of the day, causing much faitherly giddiness. Still have the programme at my auld dears with hunners of signatures. Won 3-0 anaw.

Colin Hendry's last game? ;)

Colin Hendry hospitalised that San Marino youngster and was utterly unrepentant about it in 2001.

Why would he have played his last Scotland game two years before winning the title with Blackburn?

Why do people keep making glaring errors in this thread?

First game vs Holland 2003.

What a game to have for your first Scotland (and Hampden) experience). Sat behind the goals where we eventually scored in.

Seeing Fletcher and Mcfadden link up to perfection to score then see big Lee Wilkie (of all people) shut out messrs Seedorf, Van Nistelrooy and overmars. Really good dutch team at the time.

Had never seen an atmosphere like that.

Colin Hendry hospitalised that San Marino youngster and was utterly unrepentant about it in 2001. Why would he have played his last Scotland game two years before winning the title with Blackburn? Why do people keep making glaring errors in this thread?

Morons.

Scotland Sweden 1981 World Cup qualifier. Scotland won 2-0 to virtually guarantee qualification as top seeds of the group. Memories of this - Standing on the uncovered East Stand, and despite the attendance being 82000, there was acres of room to stand on the ash covered terracing. When Scotland scored the first goal everyone went mental, resulting in a huge cloud of said ash rising over the ground.

Archived