Weekend Odds 18th October

Nocko

Some big differences this week again between Hills and McBookie.

Cumbernauld/Lesmahagow

Greenock/Renfrew

Irvine Vics/Blantyre

Saltcoats/Largs

Kinnoull/Oakley

Montrose RL/Glenrothes

Stonehaven/Culter

Gretna/Stirling Uni (big difference)

Selkirk/E'burgh Uni

Threave/Gala

Vale of Leithen/Broomhill

Best bet for me is Culter at 10/11 with Hills.

Best Bets for me are Troon 8/15 and Stirling Uni 8/5 Both at McBookie

Ladbrokes have changed Troon to 1/3 and Uni to 6/4.

Those and the other 10 changes on the non league odds are interesting.

Looking at them I can 100% say they are basing all changes on McBookie and not Hills.

Ladbrokes only "howler" would appear to be having originally priced RobRoy at 21/10 and changed to 10/11

Fairly significant.

When I state howler I only mean in proportion to the others prices. They may have been correct.

Ladbrokes have changed Troon to 1/3 and Uni to 6/4.

Those and the other 10 changes on the non league odds are interesting.

Looking at them I can 100% say they are basing all changes on McBookie and not Hills.

Ladbrokes only "howler" would appear to be having originally priced RobRoy at 21/10 and changed to 10/11

Fairly significant.

When I state howler I only mean in proportion to the others prices. They may have been correct.

Ladbrokes seem to saying McBookie's odds are the most accurate.

Dean or Richard you can always contact me. ;)

See you are 1/7 and 8/13. Ladbrokes are 2/9 and 10/11. Hope your right as have followed your tip.

Whilst stirling uni go into the game as the form LL side Gretna are massively overpriced especially at home imo.

I would lay the students draw or Gretna for me :P

Elton I think it's the traders changing them because all they can find online is McBookie. They have always been the same. They don't have access to anyone else's odds

Why wont Hills and Ladbrokes put their scottish non-league odds online? I can only assume it's because they don't have the confidence that the odds they display would be correct and would lead to them losing money. Hill's even have a further safety net by forcing punters to bet in mimimum trebles.

McBookie have shown that it can be done, if the odds are accurate. And they accept singles and they bet on around 100 games each Saturday not just the top 30 or so that the other bookie's do. Most importantly they also make money from it.

Nocko i'm certainly not having a go at you as your hands are tied and you do a decent job and were the pioneer of Junior betting but have you ever been told why they won't put the odds online?

Pure and simple it gives the traders more work when they are stretched already.

Maybe if they stopped betting on the Uzbekistan Ladies third division netball and the like they might have more time.

Love it Elton.

If the software is written correct which I assume it is, then you should not need traders.

All sorts of parameters can be set to stop bets or adjust odds etc.

Ladbrokes plain and simply bottled it when they started taking bets from non Scottish locations.

Check out this nonsense where it is indicated you can still bet online.

http://www.juniorfitba.com/

I suspect Owen is more fearful that if it went online then he would be surplus to requirements.

We can see that in practice where he set Scottish Fa cup matches online such as Preston v Threave, where his odds actually were held on the "screens" in shops while the "worldwide odds" were changed by the traders.

Whilst stirling uni go into the game as the form LL side Gretna are massively overpriced especially at home imo.I would lay the students draw or Gretna for me :P

You'll have to come on the juniors site more often Newcy and save my dough. That Nocko's due me a fortune ????

Archived