Albion Rovers VS Clyde

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

The keeper chose to pick the ball up rather than attempt to kick it with McGuigan bearing down on him. I've never seen a keeper sent off for this offence but thought I'd raise it for debate: we may have scored had he not done so.

Right lets all be honest - What a shocking game o fitba on a non football allowed pitch....

Draw fair reflection over 90mins considering we didnt do much in 45 but scored twice and should have won it with frances Header being stopped online by K Watt (Wrong place,Wrong time?!) & McManus mishitting a cut back from 8yards out in 2nd half with 5/10mins to go with Rovers goals coming from two set plays needless gave away and i dont disagree they had a lot of ball but played the ref very well in particular Gemmell and Young...

On reflectiion at this early stage im willing to right off this season(Arbroaths league never in doubt) Let our experianced manager but inxperianced at this level learn the ropes and come back stronger next year quicker than J Duffy was allowed & he should be allowed at least the same from a terrace View,Makings of a decent team just still lackin bit o leadership/Ownership and dig ...

Final laugh/Heads gone to the Rovers fan screaming down his mobile to someone at HT near the bogs that the ref was shaggin BF and our two pens shouldnt have been given,Must have been caught up in the moment of the away support putting another 200/300 in the home teams coffers and swelling the attendence of your average 3rd div game with even his some of his own lot sniggering at his claims...

Foreva n Eva

Let our experianced manager but inxperianced at this level learn the ropes

Experienced? Half a season at Blackpool or whatever it was?

No sure about that. There's still time to turn it around & perhaps make a push for a playoff place, mainly because every team is taking points off each other. But it was presented in the summer that the aim is to progress on last season, so anything less is failure & drawing against 10 men for nearly 90 minutes isn't a good sign. They'll likely need a good run between now & Xmas

Broadwood the big pink elephant of the North Lanarkshire tax payer . I think you lot should stop and have a think . What does clyde fx do for the local community. Answer nothing cumbernauld couldn't give a shit about you lot . When is the big East Kilbride move ? . We own our own ground . We get involved in the local community ie the football camp last week and cash for kids . Ave attendance of over 650 this season already . Oh and both your goals yesterday were penalties need I say more . And wee bf couldn't manage the Blackpool donkeys what does that tell you

Broadwood the big pink elephant of the North Lanarkshire tax payer . I think you lot should stop and have a think . What does clyde fx do for the local community. Answer nothing cumbernauld couldn't give a shit about you lot . When is the big East Kilbride move ? . We own our own ground . We get involved in the local community ie the football camp last week and cash for kids . Ave attendance of over 650 this season already . Oh and both your goals yesterday were penalties need I say more . And wee bf couldn't manage the Blackpool donkeys what does that tell you

Somebody isn't happy????

They ran out out of Buckie in the brig ????

▲▲▲▲▲

I take it all back

This has got to be the HT Caller!!

:D

Pretty poor game of football. Thought the pitch might have been in better condition for this time of year as well, resembling February rather than 10 weeks into a new season.

Rovers did exceptionally well given they played just about the full match with 10 men. The ref made some poor decisions for both sides and his handling of the Sandy Clark situation right on half time summed it up!

Clyde unbeaten in 3 now, but can see maybe just as the team hits some form, the likes of Martin will be out of contract and McIlduff, Smith, Halkett etc will all have to return to their parent clubs in January!

Clyde C list celebrity director now taking his turn to criticise the Cliftonhill pitch via Twitter. Man o man. People in glass houses.... Who exactly paid for that splendid plastic carpet at the Cumbernauld Colts Arena then ?

Believe it was from the proceeds of crime fund

Think you will find the account is personal views

Your ground and playing surface is a fuckin joke...

The Dip towards the corner flag at the new terrace end cant be safe and bumpy surface cant allow for decent fitba game...

You wont drop much points at home and over 90mins you played well for 10men but please dont defend that surface FFS...

Ps. I believe The Director on twitter was refering to grass v 4g you clearly decided to in your post

Clyde C list celebrity director now taking his turn to criticise the Cliftonhill pitch via Twitter. Man o man. People in glass houses.... Who exactly paid for that splendid plastic carpet at the Cumbernauld Colts Arena then ?

What does that have to do with anything? Your pitch for this time of season is a joke, and the ones who will suffer the most is your own team. Your ground is and always has been what it is, but surely you can have the grass cut and rolled pre season?

Your ground and playing surface is a fuckin joke...

The Dip towards the corner flag at the new terrace end and bumpy surface cant allow for decent fitba game...

You wont drop much points at home and over 90mins you played well for 10men but please dont defend that surface FFS...

I'm not "defending" the surface. It is what it is. I would agree that's it's far from perfect. 4G pitches cost upwards of 400k as I understand and also have very high ongoing costs. They aren't all they're cracked up to be either as you do get a lot of variation on well used surfaces. You only need to look at the older plastic surfaces in league 1 and league 2 to see this. I also think that the surface at Cliftonhill could be improved without the need for plastic but as always it will be a tough commercial decision to see any return on investment. As far as our ground being a joke then you are entitled to your opinion of course but it is ours at the end of the day and ownership, identity, heritage, legacy and community is worth much more than a soulless 3/4 empty barren outpost in Anytown.

Archived