Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd settle for a draw in Glasgow,still think the Germans will top the group but can't see them running away with it

Hard to see a way for Ireland to finish second but I live in hope

Tell me, how do you pronounce your name?

It's my middle name in real life, but if you say Aaaay, I'll ken it's blethers, rather than ooooi.

I only ken the Scots version, but ''A bheil Gaelige agad? Ach, an uar sin, ma bhiodh, an uair, sa' bheurla aig a' ball-coise bruidhinn-bord (that's almost 100% wrong) De an obair agad? A bheil thusa ann an Eireann?"

Must win all home games or we won't qualify. We have to beat them. We've got 2 of the biggest away games done and were sitting in a good spot after 3 games. Tonight against Poland was potentially a massive point. A home win v ROI and we are going into some nice fixtures after that.

I think the team are playing very good possession and dynamic football and we have a deeper squad than we've had for a while. No Snodgrass, Bardsley, Rhodes, McCormack, Hanley or really Darren Fletcher as he gains match fitness and we took a big stride tonight. Have some faith as 2 years ago with that list out and under Levein and we'd have been murder.

I think we have to keep playing same team as long as no injuries permit it. Change only what you are forced too. Continuity will help us moving into November games. Gordon I am sure has a strategy up his sleeve.

As long as we take 4 points off them we'll be on track so this is not must win.

As last night (and Germany) showed, we have a great wee setup for away games.

Obviously a win needs to be the plan, but winning over there is not a ridiculous notion.

Any tartan army members able to enlighten me as to the availability of tickets when they go on sale at 12? I'll be looking for 4 together but unsure on if I'll get them. Unsure if you'll be able to see the seating plan as it is now with the booked/unbooked seats but just in case! :)

Simply put, lose this and we're screwed. A draw isn't much better. This will be the biggest match in Europe on that day. The atmosphere will be formidable. I actually think we'll win fairly comfortably. Ireland don't have the attacking flair that Poland do. We just have to not let it turn in to a scrappy affair. That will be unavoidable in the pre-season game in June, but our players need to get it down and pass it next month. Control possession and run Ireland ragged. We should be looking for at least 7 points from the next 3 competitive games.

Try go on the site at 20 past 11 and already getting placed in a queue with estimated time remaining 45 mins ... it's now 11.52 and the estimated time remaining is 57 mins. What?

If I don't get tickets I'm going to be gutted. Been at every home game for fck knows how long now, but flat out refuse to buy a membership.

Try go on the site at 20 past 11 and already getting placed in a queue with estimated time remaining 45 mins ... it's now 11.52 and the estimated time remaining is 57 mins. What?

If I don't get tickets I'm going to be gutted. Been at every home game for fck knows how long now, but flat out refuse to buy a membership.

Mines says 38mins.

I'm officially shitting myself.

Edit now: 1 hour 22 mins

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I want to know how estimated time remaining can now be longer than it was beforehand?! Surely people aren't joining the queue after but being put through before me?

Where were all these c***s for the Georgia game?

I want to know how estimated time remaining can now be longer than it was beforehand?! Surely people aren't joining the queue after but being put through before me?

Where were all these c***s for the Georgia game?

Don't forget the glory hunting morons who have never been to a Scotland game in their lives wanting a ticket for the England game.

Seems everyone is having problems now.

Edited by Eoin Doyle