The luck of the Irish.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest either of them play for Ireland. It bothers me that McCarthy doesn't admit he plays for Ireland because he simply wanted to. If you genuinely do want to at for Scotland you don't just swan off to play for some other international side aged 17 or 18 because you can't get a game for the fucking under 19s. He was no more overlooked than several of the squad who weren't capped at that level.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't bother me in the slightest either of them play for Ireland. It bothers me that McCarthy doesn't admit he plays for Ireland because he simply wanted to. If you genuinely do want to at for Scotland you don't just swan off to play for some other international side aged 17 or 18 because you can't get a game for the fucking under 19s. He was no more overlooked than several of the squad who weren't capped at that level.

He was actually 15 when he first played for Ireland, complaining he'd done so because Scotland had consistently overlooked him. At fucking 15! :lol:

I just wish both the turncoats grandparents had been English then you would have seen a change in their choice of National teams. IMO it was only to appease their Celtic upbringing and make them appeal to the " like minded " Both are very good players who I genuinely like to watch, yet at the same time detest. Judas c***s.

I remember the wall of hate that greeted Kevin Pietersen every time he went out to bat on his first tour of South Africa. It is a proud old tradition in most sports to give an extra special welcome to local lads who decided your country is not good enough for them.

Agreed.

The whole "it's Archie Knox's fault" is embarrassing.

Irelands citizenship laws take into account our history of immigration and large diaspora so anyone with a grandparent born on the island is entitled to a passport

Its a moot point as to whether Scotland would acknowledge its own diaspora in such as way as you voted to cede those powers to England

That's what I said, they hand out passports like confetti, it's meaningless when talking about whether someone's actually Irish or not.

But they are Irish,be that Irish through birth or through Naturalisation

Under your definition,there is no such thing as a Scot,a fact underlined by the outcome of your referendum

I know you're pretty much terminally hard of thinking but the whole point I'm making is pretty much the opposite of what you seem to think my "definition" is.

You claim that you have to have grown up in a country or to have moved there at an early age to be able to claim to be from there,I disagree and you point to the what you call the meaningless nature of Irish citizenship laws

I just find it amusing that you claim to be from a country that doesnt actually exist,a region that choose not to have its own citizenship laws yet would you knock a an actual countrys laws to try and back up a point

Do you ever read back what you've written and think to yourself, 'Fucking hell, I truly am an idiot'? Or do you lack that kind of self awareness?

I remember the wall of hate that greeted Kevin Pietersen every time he went out to bat on his first tour of South Africa. It is a proud old tradition in most sports to give an extra special welcome to local lads who decided your country is not good enough for them.

To be fair 55% ohe population have decided Scotland alone is not good enough for them. Mock these lads and the world is sniggering at you.

• 3 weeks later...

The injury time habit very nearly endured again last night with Hanley's header off the bar. How sore would it have been if that had snuck in?

That's something we need to work on. As you say, seems to happen every game where we've got something to hold onto. That said, I remember this time last year where we started to shite it/defend deep a lot earlier (60 mins or so), so perhaps it is being worked on.

Archived