The luck of the Irish.

Ireland are toilet though and will come to Parkhead to sit in and sneak a point. If we play like we have done in the 3 previous games then i'm certain we'll win.

They are shit. An exercise in shitfesting.

I'm quite pleased Scotland are no longer exponents of the O'Neill style of football. We're a lot more progressive.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its pretty incredible how much two mistakes from Hutton and two last minute goals have influenced the look of the group. Still, we can take a lot of confidence from how we've been playing. We've played two from our three of the most difficult away games too. Over the course of the next few games, I think we'll see us continue to thrive under the system we're playing.

Too early to call this one yet, players form or Injuries etc. The result of this game will not be the end of the campaign for anyone who might lose. This league will go down to the wire.

My ideal scenario would be a 1-0 Scotland win via a last minute McGeady own goal with both him and that other little turncoat McCarthy both doing their cruciates....

The seethe casued by the term Southern Ireland or South Ireland is glorious. It's technically correct as the team represents the south or Ireland.

It's as "technically correct" as Scotland being called North Britain, but if people from outside of Scotland started calling it that then people on here would be incredibly butthurt.

Anyway, some folk here need to calm the f**k down about Scotland. They've made great improvements and look a good side at the moment, but these comments saying "we'll take 8 points from Ireland and Poland easily" are laughable. All three sides are clearly of a reasonably similar standard. As for Ireland being lucky because they score late goals, LOL. That's about as lucky as Scotland is unlucky not to be a real country. Not one bit.

Is that the wee laughably tiny stand that looks like it belongs at a higland shinty game?

It actually looks like it is no more than 12 seats deep literally

Ridiculous stadium

We were in that stand for the Celtic cup a few years back.

It's actually a fantastic stadium and there are reasons for that stand being so small - the neighbours didn't want the stadium blocking out the sun from their back garden.

Why do people keep saying this? Because celtic play there that means it will be like a home game for ireland?

Ireland will bring no more than poland will. They will be allocated 10% of the stadium maximum the same that we will when we go over to dublin.

I simply do not understand the logic here how this will benefit ireland in any way what so ever. Can someone explain what I am missing here? Ireland will be allocated the standard amount any team will get and we will have the rest of the tickets. We had 4 thousand in poland because that was what we were allocated. We could have brought 15 thousand if we were allocated that. Ireland will be allocated no more than 6 thousand and vice versa for us.

I do not understand the dumb logic of this what so ever

Infact just to make the situation even more absurd parkhead will be more of a home game for us than ibrox would be because it holds 10 thousand more. We will have well over 50 thousand fans in the stadium

PS I guarantee scotland bring more fans to ireland than ireland do to scotland. I guarantee it

Not sure I agree. The home end will be infiltrated by ireland fans who either live in Scotland or are wee fannies of the mcgeady/mccarthy mould.. tickets bought through general sale

It has two high tempo draws written all over it and lots of silly yellow cards from over fussy foreign ref which could cause suspensions for other games.

Ireland will line out most likely

Forde

Coleman OShea Wilson Ward

McGeady Gibson McCarthy McClean

Keane Long

So 7 EPL players, 3 Championship and 1 MSL

It is pretty galling that two of Ireland's best players are Scottish. That's luckier than scoring late goals.

They have had the dream start and will be high on confidence for this one. They will know they can effectively knock us out by beating us at Celtic Park, a ground which many of their players will see as some kind of footballing home.

Robbie Keane has 65 international goals, that is absolutely remarkable. I haven't checked, but I imagine our entire squad combined will have scored less than half of that. If only we had produced a goalscorer of that caliber, we might actually have qualified for a few thin

It is pretty galling that two of Ireland's best players are Scottish. That's luckier than scoring late goals.

They have had the dream start and will be high on confidence for this one. They will know they can effectively knock us out by beating us at Celtic Park, a ground which many of their players will see as some kind of footballing home.

Robbie Keane has 65 international goals, that is absolutely remarkable. I haven't checked, but I imagine our entire squad combined will have scored less than half of that. If only we had produced a goalscorer of that caliber, we might actually have qualified for a few thin

I can assure you 50 plus thousand scotland fans baying every decision that goes against us and cheering every attack we have will be far from a friendly home atmosphere for them. It will be an intimating atmosphere for ireland. When scotland fans are up for it and it is a big game the atmosphere is unreal.

They will be far from comfortable at celtic park

It has two high tempo draws written all over it and lots of silly yellow cards from over fussy foreign ref which could cause suspensions for other games.

Ireland will line out most likely

Forde

Coleman OShea Wilson Ward

McGeady Gibson McCarthy McClean

Keane Long

So 7 EPL players, 3 Championship and 1 MSL

Makes me laugh reading that starting 11 and thinking of all the people saying Scotland are miles ahead of Ireland. You couldn't really find two teams more evenly matched than Ireland and Scotland. Both at a pretty decent if unspectacular level, with middle ranking Premiership and top end Championship players the general theme.

If I was to make a distinction I'd say Scotland have superior depth in most positions, but Ireland have two or three stand out players. Which one ends up being more important is anyone's guess, but for fans of Ireland or Scotland to claim are far superior is a fucking laugh.

Interesting concept. In your book does being from a particular country mean being born there or your family being from there? If you have to be born in a country to be that nationality (which I assume you agree with as you claim Mcgeady and McCarthy are Scottish), let's look at how many "Scottish" goals Scotland have scored.

Germany - Ikechi Anya (born in Scotland to non-Scottish parents, therefore Scottish) scores after an assist from Steven Fletcher (born outside Scotland to 50% non-Scottish family, therefore not Scottish). Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

Georgia - Andrew Robertson (completely Lex-approved Scottish) crosses the ball and it lands at the feet of Shaun Maloney (born outside of Scotland to Scottish parents, therefore not Scottish) who scores. Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

Poland 1 - Steven Fletcher (already confirmed as not Scottish) crosses for Maloney (already confirmed as not Scottish) to score. Conclusion = not a Scottish goal at all.

Poland 2 - Shaun Maloney (already confirmed as not Scottish) swings in a free kick which is knocked in by Steven Naismith (100% Lex-approved Scottish). Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

There you have it, Scotland truly are one of the biggest bin rakers in world football. Here was me thinking it's great how the land of my birth have started so well in the Euro 2016 qualifiers, but after realising they haven't scored one single goal without the help of foreigners it feels a bit hollow now. At least we aren't as bad as Bosnia, who IIRC correctly had a World Cup squad that's 90% un-Bosnian in the Lex nationality test. Shameful.

Makes me laugh reading that starting 11 and thinking of all the people saying Scotland are miles ahead of Ireland. You couldn't really find two teams more evenly matched than Ireland and Scotland. Both at a pretty decent if unspectacular level, with middle ranking Premiership and top end Championship players the general theme.

If I was to make a distinction I'd say Scotland have superior depth in most positions, but Ireland have two or three stand out players. Which one ends up being more important is anyone's guess, but for fans of Ireland or Scotland to claim are far superior is a fucking laugh.

Interesting concept. In your book does being from a particular country mean being born there or your family being from there? If you have to be born in a country to be that nationality (which I assume you agree with as you claim Mcgeady and McCarthy are Scottish), let's look at how many "Scottish" goals Scotland have scored.

Germany - Ikechi Anya (born in Scotland to non-Scottish parents, therefore Scottish) scores after an assist from Steven Fletcher (born outside Scotland to 50% non-Scottish family, therefore not Scottish). Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

Georgia - Andrew Robertson (completely Lex-approved Scottish) crosses the ball and it lands at the feet of Shaun Maloney (born outside of Scotland to Scottish parents, therefore not Scottish) who scores. Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

Poland 1 - Steven Fletcher (already confirmed as not Scottish) crosses for Maloney (already confirmed as not Scottish) to score. Conclusion = not a Scottish goal at all.

Poland 2 - Shaun Maloney (already confirmed as not Scottish) swings in a free kick which is knocked in by Steven Naismith (100% Lex-approved Scottish). Conclusion = not a fully Scottish goal.

There you have it, Scotland truly are one of the biggest bin rakers in world football. Here was me thinking it's great how the land of my birth have started so well in the Euro 2016 qualifiers, but after realising they haven't scored one single goal without the help of foreigners it feels a bit hollow now. At least we aren't as bad as Bosnia, who IIRC correctly had a World Cup squad that's 90% un-Bosnian in the Lex nationality test. Shameful.

While not actually that important re the point you are making Anya supplied the assist for Maloney`s goal and Morrison delivered the free kick for Naismith`s.

I can assure you 50 plus thousand scotland fans baying every decision that goes against us and cheering every attack we have will be far from a friendly home atmosphere for them. It will be an intimating atmosphere for ireland. When scotland fans are up for it and it is a big game the atmosphere is unreal.

They will be far from comfortable at celtic park

I'd hope for a friendly atmosphere between the two sets of fans but I fear you may be right. The Irish have historically not enjoyed much hospitality from the British, I'd be surprised if British football fans changed all of a sudden.

Had a look on some Irish forums and it seems quite a few of them have home end tickets, however i do agree that the 50,000 scots will make Celtic park an intimidating place for the Irish players. As mentioned above, the atmosphere is incredible at big Scotland home games, and as shown in the past, it raises our players to a different level, nothing quite like it.

While not actually that important re the point you are making Anya supplied the assist for Maloney`s goal and Morrison delivered the free kick for Naismith`s.

f**k, you're right. Apologies.

In any case it makes no difference as non Lex-approved Scot Maloney scored the goal and Morrison isn't Scottish either.

Still no Lex-approved goals for Scotland. :(

Had a look on some Irish forums and it seems quite a few of them have home end tickets, however i do agree that the 50,000 scots will make Celtic park an intimidating place for the Irish players. As mentioned above, the atmosphere is incredible at big Scotland home games, and as shown in the past, it raises our players to a different level, nothing quite like it.

The SFA website should've flagged up addresses outside of Scotland as ones we couldn't sell too, remember a Liverpool fan I worked with being declined a ticket for the match at anfield against hearts because he lived in Scotland and they felt it could've been hearts fans buying for the home end.

The SFA website should've flagged up addresses outside of Scotland as ones we couldn't sell too, remember a Liverpool fan I worked with being declined a ticket for the match at anfield against hearts because he lived in Scotland and they felt it could've been hearts fans buying for the home end.

Crazy logic. I landed at Luton airport at 1pm. At same time a plane landed from Poland, full of lads in Scotland shirts/kilts. I assume they also live in England. However even though they went to Poland, you are saying they should not be allowed to buy tickets for this game as they live outside Scotland.

End of the day, if any away fan in the home end, they should be kicked out the ground end of.

Crazy logic. I landed at Luton airport at 1pm. At same time a plane landed from Poland, full of lads in Scotland shirts/kilts. I assume they also live in England. However even though they went to Poland, you are saying they should not be allowed to buy tickets for this game as they live outside Scotland.

End of the day, if any away fan in the home end, they should be kicked out the ground end of.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to get tickets, I'm stating that if they apply online for them, it should direct them to call us to apply for them if the postcode is not one in Scotland, but is from the nation that we will be playing against.

Archived