Sheriff Court Judgements

We need more detail, flesh this out a bit.

Neighbour is a bit of a dodger/mink, had the police round to his door a couple of times. A quick Google search of his name returned a couple of sheriff court appearances in Aberdeen. Can't say much more then that other then my curiosity is getting the better of me.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/sheriff-court

Think you can get them back to 1999 on there

I tried there but it seems rather limited....

This is a list of the fifty most recent judgments ordered by the date that they were published. Not all judgments are published. Only where there is a significant point of law or particular public interest will the details be published.

it may be said that a lot of the old common law offences tend now to come under specific acts- for example shouting abuse at someone now comes under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 whereas it probably would have been treated as a Breach of the Peace before.

Punter: Aye, ah think ma neighbours a beast. What's the charge?

Clerk: It says here "Criminal Law Consolidation (Scotland) Act 1995 Section 12*

Punter: Eh... what's that then?

Clerk: Fuctifino, ah'm no a lawyer....

(*allowing a child between the age of 4 and 16 for which you have parental responsibilities to be in a brothel- look it up folks..!)

The court rolls tell you nothing apart from the name, PF reference number, court reference number and which court room the case is to be heard in. Results of cases aren't published online by the SCS, PF or Police unless it's something major or something they really want to highlight.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get the info you're after by calling up. They're limited as to the info they can give you - they won't read the charge out to you for example - but they'll probably tell you the sentence.

• 4 years later...
On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 23:08, NorthernLights said:

Neighbour is a bit of a dodger/mink, had the police round to his door a couple of times. A quick Google search of his name returned a couple of sheriff court appearances in Aberdeen. Can't say much more then that other then my curiosity is getting the better of me.

if theyre away a couple of months and return home with fancy trainers and their other belongings in a clear plastic bag they got the jail

it may be said that a lot of the old common law offences tend now to come under specific acts- for example shouting abuse at someone now comes under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 whereas it probably would have been treated as a Breach of the Peace before.
Punter: Aye, ah think ma neighbours a beast. What's the charge?
Clerk: It says here "Criminal Law Consolidation (Scotland) Act 1995 Section 12*
Punter: Eh... what's that then?
Clerk: Fuctifino, ah'm no a lawyer....
(*allowing a child between the age of 4 and 16 for which you have parental responsibilities to be in a brothel- look it up folks..!)

Good to know I’ve got a few years to take my son to brothels with me.

Archived