Alloa v Cowden

As I pointed out before the last game, in recent history this isn't the case. Generally Cowden don't win.

I think that will still hold good for Sat; we've got the better players and better team. My only real concern is our goalies.

Remember an Arbroath captain coming out with that nonsense of better players/team than Cowden, how did that go again??

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainty can't be any worse than the first fixture and we have improved a lot since then so it could go either way.

I think with Oyenuga, Fraser and Gallagher in the side we will do better than the 1st meeting with Alloa, things have improved with them in the side. Still a hard game always is at there.

I think with Oyenuga, Fraser and Gallagher in the side we will do better than the 1st meeting with Alloa, things have improved with them in the side. Still a hard game always is at there.

If we play like we did at Dumbo we're more than capable of getting a result.

If it is still tight with 20 or 30 to go I'd like to see Sutherland get some game time. He scored another couple for the reserves this week. Has had 5 minutes since going off in the sub fiasco v Alloa last time. He needs a chance if Higgins is as quiet as he has been last couple of games.

Wasps1 :lol:

Looking forward to this more than any other game so far this season! Hopefully both teams will go for it and we'll end up with a cracker.

I remember reading that Cowden's squad was better than ours, barring one or two exceptions, so it ought to be a toughie for us. Right?

Looking forward to this more than any other game so far this season! Hopefully both teams will go for it and we'll end up with a cracker.

I remember reading that Cowden's squad was better than ours, barring one or two exceptions, so it ought to be a toughie for us. Right?

I'm hopeful but not confident. Alloa are a hard team to beat at home. How will Cowden cope with the pitch?

I'm hopeful but not confident. Alloa are a hard team to beat at home. How will Cowden cope with the pitch?

Can't see how we can have any concern about Alloa's pitch as we have played on it often enough since it got laid.

For me the days of slagging off synthetic pitches should be long gone. We train on a 3G surface and all of the players who have come through the youth ranks to the first team have played on them often enough.

Our squad is bigger than yours. In fact, we've got a bigger squad than the Black Watch - and we're coming to get you.

Can't see how we can have any concern about Alloa's pitch as we have played on it often enough since it got laid.

For me the days of slagging off synthetic pitches should be long gone. We train on a 3G surface and all of the players who have come through the youth ranks to the first team have played on them often enough.

Can we get an internet signal from the pitch?

Well the pitch won't be a problem then. It was only a query. Don't know why others complain about it.

Well the pitch won't be a problem then. It was only a query. Don't know why others complain about it.

Only person I've heard complain in the media about it was Ally McCoist but he has been critical of all the other synthetic pitches Rangers have played on over the last few years so obviously has a problem with them in general.

I don't know why people still go on about them I can understand why folk moaned about the old Stirling Albion pitch in the late 80s but the modern day ones are quite good.

Only person I've heard complain in the media about it was Ally McCoist but he has been critical of all the other synthetic pitches Rangers have played on over the last few years so obviously has a problem with them in general.

I don't know why people still go on about them I can understand why folk moaned about the old Stirling Albion pitch in the late 80s but the modern day ones are quite good.

Murray Park is a synthetic pitch :lol::lol:

Synthetic pitches are brilliant. All players train on them at some point, the majority of youth players are brought up with them too.

Alloa's is a poor version but mainly due to the significant advances in the last few years.

Alloa's should be due changing soon anyway..

Surprised at the confidence of some alloa fans. Truth is theres very little between the teams, same as last season.

I've often said that I believe we were significantly better than Cowdenbeath last season in every area except attack. Our top scoring forward last season scored 5 goals. How many did Hemmings and Stewart get? Cowden had far superior attacking options to us and that's what left very little in it between the sides in the end.

Obviously those players are gone but with Alloa's defensive unit weakened by the loss of Scott Bain things are evened up a bit. We do have more of a threat up front than we did.

Ultimately I agree with printer that we are a better team but the fact is that our points tally doesn't reflect how well we have played and we need to change that. Playing nice stuff and getting plaudits is of very little use if we're 10th tomorrow night.

If the players need any further motivation they should recall the stuff peddled by some Cowden fans about Alloa playing anti football and this new one that Alloa only won at Central Park because Cowden weren't trying :) Mon the Wasps.

Archived