Menzel's Czech Fitba Thread

Menzel

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Slavia bought all the away end tickets for the Banik game and sold them to fans for 1Kc this price also included a free train ticket on specially chartered trains. 

On the return journey they were joined by players who had brought their own carry-out.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c8f1c5450cb0d611917633fa6594934d.PNGCapture2.PNG.1ef0cd924cb0115f9f8fac4cbb039c5e.PNG

were banik overcharging the away support or something?

were banik overcharging the away support or something?

It was the last away game of the season and it would wrap up the title I guess it was just to have as many fans travelling.
From the west to the east of CZ where Ostrava is, it’s almost a 4 hour train journey

19 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Viktoria Zizkov, the 5th team in Prague dropped out of the second tier in a Falkirkian fashion. 

Not quite yet: there's still one more round left to play on Saturday and they're one point off safety at the bottom of the table. They've probably got the easiest of three fixtures as well, although all three sides in danger are away from home. 

Good to see České Budějovice return the top flight - hopefully they'll stay there this time at the expense of some Hamilton-esque, permaddidy outfit like Karviná or Opava. 

Edited by vikingTON

Slavia beat Ostrava again tonight to complete the league and cup double. Milan Baros was sent off. yes, that one and he's still playing. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.94b1c8d197ad6eb3a3588a401ffc337a.PNG

Trpisovsky has a fairly remarkable career, no playing experience and became a manager at 36. eight years later he has put some big names out of Europe and had Chelsea on the ropes in the last 8. Joined Slavia midway through last season, almost caught a Pilzen team that won its first 15 fixtures. I expect he'll either be poached by the national team or a Russian outfit before too long

Steaming on a train again, they play Sparta on Sunday. put your money on a sober Sparta

Edited by diegomarahenry

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Not quite yet: there's still one more round left to play on Saturday and they're one point off safety at the bottom of the table. They've probably got the easiest of three fixtures as well, although all three sides in danger are away from home. 

Good to see České Budějovice return the top flight - hopefully they'll stay there this time at the expense of some Hamilton-esque, permaddidy outfit like Karviná or Opava. 

I'd rather lose Příbram, They have had both Bednar and Skacel playing for them recently, I think Skacel still does and he was shite for Raith Rovers about five years ago so they have no place in top flight football.

Bohemians have a game at home to the already safe Opava so I can see a fairly uneventful draw. Bohemians are an absolutely mental club so I hope they stay up.

On 5/25/2019 at 19:52, virginton said:

Bohemians slither to survival with a draw; Žižkov win 2-1 to avoid relegation from Division 2 after the other two teams got horsed.

Means that Zbrojovka get to play Příbram in the playoff instead which suits me - new town and their defence is shocking. Jihlava might have a tough time against Karviná.

How has Milan Nitriansky been for Pribram this season? I cannot recall a player more astonishingly shite at Thistle. Amazed that he got a move upward with them after returning to the Czech Republic after leaving Firhill.

On 28/05/2019 at 18:32, Meatwad said:

How has Milan Nitriansky been for Pribram this season? I cannot recall a player more astonishingly shite at Thistle. Amazed that he got a move upward with them after returning to the Czech Republic after leaving Firhill.

Wasn't even in the squad tonight so who knows. Some game, Zbrojovka 2-0 down after a quarter of an hour and it ends up 3-3 with Příbram equalising in the 89th minute. All to play for on Sunday! 

Hearts fans will also be disappointed to note that Rudi Skacel was kept on the bench tonight, although he hasn't really played much since being dropped halfway through the season.

24 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Hearts fans will also be disappointed to note that Rudi Skacel was kept on the bench tonight, although he hasn't really played much since being dropped halfway through the season.

I saw Bednar playing as a lone striker maybe two seasons ago, he jut looked fat, bald and bored, just wandered about the centre circle pointing at things.

I used to get the same flight as him on a Monday morning back to Prague, I got it once a month, I always had the feeling he was flying home every week. 

I was on the same flight as Brian Grahams stag do a few years ago, I only recognised John Baird and him, they were a pain in the arse. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

Pribram survive after seeing off Zbrojovka Brno on away goals across two games 3-3. Never got on but Rudi Skacel is hanging up his boots.

Karvina survive seeing off Vysocina Jihlava 3-2 across both games & retain their top flight status.

The two playoff games caused quite a deal of uproar, as there is a strong indication that both games were fixed in order to keep the two existing teams in the top flight. We covered a few of these things (from a Zbrojovka prspective mostly) from 12:50 in on here: 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Prague from the 8th-11th of August and Slavia are playing against Slovan Liberec on the 10th. There's a fair-sized group of us (around 20) so was wondering what it was like getting tickets - do we book in advance or just turn up on the day and pay at the gate? 

I'll be in Prague from the 8th-11th of August and Slavia are playing against Slovan Liberec on the 10th. There's a fair-sized group of us (around 20) so was wondering what it was like getting tickets - do we book in advance or just turn up on the day and pay at the gate? 

Both, you can buy tickets online on ticketportal.cz a couple of weeks before the game or at the ticket office behind the east stand (furthest away from the main road.

The ticket office windows will have a UK flag if the person speaks English