Menzel's Czech Fitba Thread

Menzel

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Both, you can buy tickets online on ticketportal.cz a couple of weeks before the game or at the ticket office behind the east stand (furthest away from the main road.

The ticket office windows will have a UK flag if the person speaks English

Thank you good sir. I'll see what collection options there are before deciding but based on what you've said I don't think there should be many issues getting tickets.

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Thank you good sir. I'll see what collection options there are before deciding but based on what you've said I don't think there should be many issues getting tickets.

You can just print them and scan them at the turnstyle 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit too much cash left over on Thursday in Prague so chucked it at a Slavia top, fine bit of gear that. 

This made me laugh up at Sparta 

MVIMG_20190702_143104.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

On 07/07/2019 at 04:12, highlandcowden said:

is there a good website covering Czech footy at all levels?a bit like the 90minut.pl website for polish footy,which is the mutts nuts

Not really, the league site has an English section but it is pretty sparse, has live scores etc

http://en.fortunaliga.cz/

https://www.fnliga.cz/ is the Second league

The Goly z ligy app used to be good, gave you in match highlights during games but you have to pay for a premium service now, I watch most Slavia games when I am not there on dodgy streams. 

On 07/07/2019 at 22:44, itzdrk said:

Had a bit too much cash left over on Thursday in Prague so chucked it at a Slavia top, fine bit of gear that. 

I've got the home top, I wanted the "Darth Vader" away top but it is in tight body form only and no one needs to see that

The Czech league starts back this weekend (they have a shut down mid Dec-Mid Feb) 

Sparta have changed managers again after a distant third place finish, Vaclav Jilek from Sigma Olomouc. they have brought in half a dozen new players, all Czech nationals with the most noticeable being Michal Travnik, a Czech international signed from Jablonec and former Lazio and Villa player Libor Kozak.

Viktoria Plzen Also signed mostly Czech based players, Slovak Christian Herc is on loan from Wolves/ 

Slavia lost two influential players in the summer, Miroslav Stoch, the former Chelsea player who has mostly played in Turkey during his career, he signed for PAOK.

Simon Deli, an Ivorian centre half who signed for Slavia in 2015 moves to Club Brugge.

Moving to Slavia were Tomas Holes and David Hovorka from Jablonec, Jusef Hilal a Bahrain national, the first to play European football, who moved the short distance from Bohemians and Nicolae Stanciu, a former 10 million rated Romanian international who joined from Al-Ahli in Saudi for around £4 million.  The Czech player of the year,Tomas Soucek signed a 4 year extension to his current deal, he and Alex Kral are probably two of the most valuable players in Czech football. 

Last night, Jablonec defeated Bohemians 2-0 in the opening fixture. 

• 2 weeks later...

Third round of fixtures this weekend. Plzen and Slavia are mirroring last seasons start by both winning the first three fixtures. Slavia are top on goal difference, thanks mainly to a 1-5 victory against Teplice.

Sparta are currently in 10th, having only played twice but lost to Slovacko on the opening day. Bohemians had a decent win against Mlada Boleslav but have lost the other two games. 

In the Europa league, Jablonec are trailing to Pyunik from Albania after the first leg. Mlada Boleslav were 1-1 against Orbadasy of Kazakhstan 

Sparta will play Trabzonspor in the third qualifying round

In the Champions league, Plzen drew with Olympiacos 

Third round of fixtures this weekend. Plzen and Slavia are mirroring last seasons start by both winning the first three fixtures. Slavia are top on goal difference, thanks mainly to a 1-5 victory against Teplice.
Sparta are currently in 10th, having only played twice but lost to Slovacko on the opening day. Bohemians had a decent win against Mlada Boleslav but have lost the other two games. 
In the Europa league, Jablonec are trailing to Pyunik from Albania after the first leg. Mlada Boleslav were 1-1 against Orbadasy of Kazakhstan 
Pyunik are Armenian not Albanian. Stinker of a result regardless

22 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Pyunik are Armenian not Albanian. Stinker of a result regardless

I took a punt at the abbreviation.

Jablonec are like a Czech Motherwell or St Johnstone. about 2500 average gate and a stadium that holds 6000, usually mid-table and have the odd spike of finishing third but never close to winning the league. If the Armenian team are full time, its probably a reasonable result. 

Part 5 of the Slavia documentary has English subtitles, it follows the team through the double header against Chelsea in the Europa League. Even if you have no interest in Slavia or Czech football, it is a fascinating 50 minutes  of behind the scenes footage at a football club. 

week four in the Czech top flight saw Plzen blink first in the title race, On Saturday they were held 0-0 by Bohemians in Prague. Unfortunately Slavia drew 0-0 also today against bottom team Karvina. Sparta later ran out 3-0 winners against Pribram moving them up to fourth, three points off the top two. 

Jablonec exited the Europa league, Mlada Boleslav went through to play Steaua Bucharest. 

Plzen dropped out of the Champions League qualification and will now play Royal Antwerp in the Europa League qualification.  

I have a soft spot for Slavia. The ex Dumbarton player John Madden had ties to the club and I went to a game a few years back that finished 3-0 to Slavia who were struggling at that point. I think it was against FK Pribram? The game was nearly abandoned due to a protest against the Czech FA. The club captain had to calm the crowd behind the goal. Quite intense. The tannoy attempted to drown the protest with ELO. All bizarre! 

The fans made us feel so welcome. Some crazy Dutch super fan type guy invited us to the club bar afterwards. Some experience. 

The summer exodus from Slava continued today, After the departure of stalwarts Simon Deli and Michael Ngadeu, both to Belgian clubs, Jaromir Zmrhal today left for Brescia. 

The left winger was a mainstay in the Slavia team and the Czech national team, he ended a 15 year association with the club. The transfer was for around £3.5 million. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.018620767f2eb68de5063aa1adf80c08.PNG 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty horrible night for Czech clubs in Europe, Plzen went out on away goals to Royal Antwerp and Mlada Boleslav went out 0-1 to Steaua Bucharest.

That leaves Slavia, who have yet to play a tie as the sole representative for the Czech Republic in Europe. They now play Cluj in the final champions league qualifier. 

On a domestic front, Plzen suffered a defeat at the hands of Slovako and drop down to third. A Lukas Masopust goal was the difference between Slavia and second bottom Slovan Liberic to open up a three point gap. 

Sparta continued the shit-the-bed form they have had for a couple of years now, conceding a 90th min goal to Mlada Boleslav in a 4-3 defeat. They currently sit in 7th place. 

• 3 weeks later...

1286573559_Alex_Krl_Czech_Rp.-Montenegro_EURO_2020_QR_10-06-2019_(2).thumb.jpg.eafc5dd5fa138c1417359ce796a2edf3.jpg

Slavia have today sold Alex Kral to Spartak Moscow. one of the best players in the Czech league, he leaves for the second highest fee paid to a Czech club, 310,000,000 Kc, around 12 million Euros.

Kral (Czech for King) has been at Slavia since the age of 13. He left for a season to join Teplice and returned in January this year where he helped Slavia to the league title, domestic cup and the Czechoslovak cup, he made his debut for the Czech national team.

Slavia have been selling some of their top talent over the summer (making about 27 million Euros) and go in to one of the toughest groups in the Champions league history. Hopefully there will be some heavy investment in the next couple of days. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

1286573559_Alex_Krl_Czech_Rp.-Montenegro_EURO_2020_QR_10-06-2019_(2).thumb.jpg.eafc5dd5fa138c1417359ce796a2edf3.jpg

Slavia have today sold Alex Kral to Spartak Moscow. one of the best players in the Czech league, he leaves for the second highest fee paid to a Czech club, 310,000,000 Kc, around 12 million Euros.

Kral (Czech for King) has been at Slavia since the age of 13. He left for a season to join Teplice and returned in January this year where he helped Slavia to the league title, domestic cup and the Czechoslovak cup, he made his debut for the Czech national team.

Slavia have been selling some of their top talent over the summer and go in to one of the toughest groups in the Champions league history. Hopefully there will be some heavy investment in the next couple of days. 

I'm surprised Arsenal didn't move for him earlier given his hair style.