One for the seething Britnats

Confidemus

Fucking hell confi. Stop. You're making a spanner of yourself.

Wouldn't you say that making unfounded allegations about a poster then refusing to back it up is the very definition of "making a spanner of yourself" ?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too long, didn't read. Not that that particular blogger ever retained my interest for longer than 5 seconds anyway. And that was before the referendum. Now? Well, he'll keep blogging away as if nothing happened in a desperate effort to retain his readership.

As for "Britnat seethe"? That's certainly not been my interpretation of the general response since the No vote. Mostly they are just asking the Yes supporters to accept a democratic decision and move on. On the Yes side however, there is a refusal from some to accept this democratic decision and they go on as if nothing has been decided. It's ironic that those who claimed to be greater supporters of democracy are being, well, undemocratic.

The anger has been most definitely from the Yes side. And the explanation for that is simple - they lost. Me? I'm delighted. Obviously.

That article doesn't sit entirely comfortably with me.

I agree that the bias that existed to deliver a No vote was very strong - but did anyone really expect a fair and equal ride from the media and establishment?

55% of the electorate voted to say No to independence. Some people voted for arsehole-ish reasons but hey - that's fucking democracy.

I would've preferred an article that acknowledged that this battle had been lost - but that the fight would go on. It does have quite a few pointers as to how to bring about change which is good - but any suggestion of another referendum anytime soon should be binned. History will run its course, and we will have another chance at some point down the line. We need to be better placed to win next time.

Too long, didn't read. Not that that particular blogger ever retained my interest for longer than 5 seconds anyway. And that was before the referendum. Now? Well, he'll keep blogging away as if nothing happened in a desperate effort to retain his readership.

As for "Britnat seethe"? That's certainly not been my interpretation of the general response since the No vote. Mostly they are just asking the Yes supporters to accept a democratic decision and move on. On the Yes side however, there is a refusal from some to accept this democratic decision and they go on as if nothing has been decided. It's ironic that those who claimed to be greater supporters of democracy are being, well, undemocratic.

The anger has been most definitely from the Yes side. And the explanation for that is simple - they lost. Me? I'm delighted. Obviously.

George Square?

I could list many, many, many examples of Yes supporters stirring up trouble but I don't have all day... :)

None to that extent, not even close.

Generally those on the No side did not enjoy the campaign. It was the Yes campaigners that were energised and enthused. No voters are just relieved they got the result they wanted.

Its therefore natural that they want the issue to go away - and everything to return to normal. This, of course, won't happen. A big slice of the Scottish population are more politically engaged than ever before. Its interesting times.

There was plenty evidence of seething Unionists/No voters around the Square on Sunday. They were sitting frustrated in their cars at the traffic lights, trying not to make any kind of eye contact with us. They were easily spotted and it was a good laugh pointing them out to each other and laughing at them. :lol:

There was plenty evidence of seething Unionists/No voters around the Square on Sunday. They were sitting frustrated in their cars at the traffic lights, trying not to make any kind of eye contact with us. They were easily spotted and it was a good laugh pointing them out to each other and laughing at them. :lol:

sounds a hoot mate

eye-roll-cheryl-cole-right.gif

Oh dear. I remember a while back when I pointed out that trying to belittle people by using petal, darl, and honey was sexism, him and his best bud Casual Bystander had hissyfits. They couldn't grasp it.

FFS man don't give us your faux outrage. Are you an activist for women's rights? Get a fucking grip man.

Archived