EOS First Div

Thanks, on the ball as ever.

Is there any reason the EOS league doesn't publish this info? I found the SOS and SJFA info within 10 seconds of searching!

Yeah, because they make up the rules as they go along depending on what teams apply... Gives them an opportunity to make stuff up. ;-)

But current teams often just have a bog standard pavilion with a pitch. No railing or stands or gates or disabled facilities etc. Kelso springs to mind.

That is in NO WAY a criticism of Kelso or any existing clubs by the way before anyone starts!

It has been slowly improving. Only a handful have unenclosed grounds now - Kelso, Peebles, Ormiston and Tynecastle, IIRC? In recent years various have enclosed e.g. Coldstream, Duns, Eyemouth, Easthouses, plus CSS underway.

Most are railed now - only Eyemouth, Kelso, Peebles and Tynecastle aren't, IIRC?

You only get a seat at Hawick or Peebles. But more sheds have come along recently - cover at Burntisland and Coldstream, joining Ormiston.

I found the ... SJFA info within 10 seconds of searching!

Worth saying the ground criteria on SJFA's website isn't their actual ground criteria, it must be their "ideal" criteria or something.

Very few clubs which join have turnstiles, tiered hardstanding, cover, PA systems, or floodlights (unsurprisingly as their use remains frowned upon, certainly in ER & WR).

Seemingly all 3 leagues must ask for much the same thing - good changing rooms, enclosed ground, and spectators seperated from the pitch. Plus all the automatic stuff like ground availability, adequate pitch dimensions, dug-outs, access, "health & safety" aspects, etc.

HL/LL is tougher, asking for cover for 100, and more for spectators (e.g. specified toilets levels; catering; etc.) and more in the pavilion (e.g. better changing rooms; first-aid/dope-testing rooms; etc.). Then floodlights kick-in at SPFL2.

EOS First Division certainly looks like a different table than in recent years, Ormiston sitting top alongside Peebles and closely followed by Duns.

I see there is a top of the table clash between Peebles & Ormiston this weekend so predictions should be interesting.

I think Ormiston will be confident after their 7-1 demolition over Hawick Royal Albert.

It'll certainly be an interesting game.

What's the predictions for the league?? Who's going to win it!?

I predict a victory for Peebles followed by three or four days of silence from He We Go and ashig rodriguez :lol:

• 1 month later...

what is the criteria these days for entering into EOS football?

There's easily a few LEAFA teams that are good enough to compete at that level and maybe if they were allowed to enter the league without too much red tape, they'd consider it. The likes of Tollcross are a perfect example.

They'd obviously need to sort out their pitch as I'm sure they can't use Saughton 3g??? Maybe a groundshare with LTHV?

The longer the EOS league continues as it is though, the worse it's going to get.

There's a number of clubs in the region who are morning towards community club status- Dalkeith Miners CYP for one. Perhaps they or others may consider trying to enter the eos as a way of having an adult pathway for their players to aspire to.

I also hear that St Bernards- one of the great clubs of yesteryear have relocated to Midlothian and now have a thriving youth set up as opposed to the u21s and amateurs only that they used to have. Perhaps they may be looking to re-establish the name in senior football?

Archived