Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 18/10/2014

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to a wee day trip through to Edinburgh. My last visit to Tynecastle was to go see Scotland play Estonia so this will be my first club game there. Hopefully a decent crowd too.

The Murray vitriol plus us taking a point off you already should brighten up what most expect to be a routine Hearts win. We really need Kane back ASAP though as we lack a finisher badly and it's hard to see where goals will come from otherwise.

The Murray angle is amusing. Off the pitch he's come across really well and seems very laid back and measured. However, the amount of times he's been in trouble with refs goes to show he clearly has a bit of rage in him.

Hopefully we'll see a GIRFUY victory knee slide down the side of the pitch at full time from him. :lol:

Only if somebody tips his wheel chair over.

What's the deal with the part-time sides in the league?

How often do they train? Do they all have jobs away from the football? What does Murray do with his time as I assume he is full-time?

Can't speak for the other teams but we train twice a week (Tuesday, Thursday nights). They do have day jobs yes, mainly the reason our game with Hibs wasn't moved last week as Friday night was the only time they were willing to play, which of course doesn't suit our players. I'm not sure Murray is full time, I think he's stated before that being part time suits him just now as he has a young kid and gives him time with the family but full time is his aim.

I must admit that the antics attributed to Murray come as a bit of a surprise. He wears a jumper under his suit - rarely the apparel of a wild man.

To be fair to Murray, I'm a chilled out person in virtually every aspect of life but If I was to score against Hibs in an Edinburgh derby the first thing I'd probably do would be to make a bee-line towards the Hibs fans and try to stir up Nuremberg rally levels of pure, mob mentality fuelled seethe.

Can't speak for the other teams but we train twice a week (Tuesday, Thursday nights). They do have day jobs yes, mainly the reason our game with Hibs wasn't moved last week as Friday night was the only time they were willing to play, which of course doesn't suit our players. I'm not sure Murray is full time, I think he's stated before that being part time suits him just now as he has a young kid and gives him time with the family but full time is his aim.

Pretty impressive that a club with those restrictions manages to compete at this level to be honest.

Looks like Murray's done something right, you lot are absolutely foaming at the mouth over him.

I mind at a meet the manager meeting he stated that he will never celebrate at away grounds if we win, as he finds it disrespectful. I truly hope this rule is thrown out of the window if we miraculously manage a win on Saturday. The seethe could be the seethiest PnB has ever seen, and I want to be a part of it.

Pretty impressive that a club with those restrictions manages to compete at this level to be honest.

I think that the likes of ourselves, Alloa & Cowdenbeath have benefited from economic realities meaning a number of half decent players have accepted that it's financially more sensible to balance playing with a job in the "real" world. Fitness hasnt really been an issue either as I think most (though not all!) players at this level appreciate that they will need to do a lot of that kind of work themselves and we do have a sports scientist (again on a part time basis). I don't remember us running out of steam too often over the last 3 seasons.

Organisation on the field is the only area we can't really replicate and I am sure Murray has commented that we often have have to share the facilities at Toryglen with amateur teams meaning we only practice on half sized pitches. With home crowds barely touching 4 figures anything other than part time would be financial suicide though.

Saw the Sons in the last game of last season at Dundee and also pre-season at Vale of Leithen. A well organised team who pass the ball well. (Clearly all due to their assistant manager, now at Hearts). Don't think this will be an easy game for us, far from it. I'd happily take a one goal win again.

I expect every game to be a lot harder now that every team knows what to expect from us. I'm still a little bit concerned to who we play next to Sow at the moment. Keatings seems to prefer being the focal point, El Hassnaoui hasn't had the impact that I've been hoping for yet, Carrick can be brilliant when he wants to be, yet this week was hooked at half time, and Nicholson is better utilized cutting inside from the left. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Holt being stuck back in with with Gomis and Buaben, just because he's very good at keeping the ball moving, even if doesn't make that final ball like we'd like him to.

Looks like Murray's done something right, you lot are absolutely foaming at the mouth over him.

I mind at a meet the manager meeting he stated that he will never celebrate at away grounds if we win, as he finds it disrespectful. I truly hope this rule is thrown out of the window if we miraculously manage a win on Saturday. The seethe could be the seethiest PnB has ever seen, and I want to be a part of it.

You'll no need to worry about that!

Archived