Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 18/10/2014

Just checked. Sons first league game away to hearts on 20th April 1891 ended in a 4-0 victory to the sons. I will go for similiar score on Saturday with nishie scoring all four from nicky phinn corners. coincidentally in the same season the sons beat hibs 9-1 in the Scottish cup. Any doubting hearts fans just check the result on first of may 1982. Come on the sons.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked. Sons first league game away to hearts on 20th April 1891 ended in a 4-0 victory to the sons. I will go for similiar score on Saturday with nishie scoring all four from nicky phinn corners. coincidentally in the same season the sons beat hibs 9-1 in the Scottish cup. Any doubting hearts fans just check the result on first of may 1982. Come on the sons.

Having beaten Dumbarton in the Scottish Cup Final a few weeks earlier would have taken the sting of that 4-0 defeat somewhat

Although the first meeting at Tynecastle outside the top flight was a 2-1 win for hearts. Gibson and Tierney for Hearts before Gallagher pulled one back to keep the game in the balance

This and more Hearts vs Dumbarton history than you could ever really need from London Hearts

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/dumbarton.html

[quote name="paranoid android" post="8859899"

Fully expecting another difficult game against Dumbarton this weekend.

Injury worries for us over Wilson, McGhee, and Gomis.

thought gomis and wilson were the class acts at the home game. No doubt you ll have some other ex spl £1000+ pw players lined up.

Where do we park our bus?

I'm looking forward to this.......think the 0-0 draw a few weeks ago at the Rock will be enough of a motivation for the Hearts team to go out and win it though. An early goal for Hearts and I can see us getting a few.

Hopefully the Dumbarton fans will come through and enjoy their day as much as I did last month. :)

Mind the 4-4 game - Hibs go 4-2 up with minutes to go - all but one of the Hibs players run to celebrate in front of their fans in the Roseburn stand.

Murray rushes to GIRU the Hearts fans in the Wheatfield, and a daft Hearts fan chucks a plastic bottle in his direction - during the time added on to sort the incident out, Weir scores twice to make it 4-4. :lol:

Had Murray gone to celebrate with his own fans, rather than GIRU the Hearts fans, the game would have ended 4-2.

Thanks for that, Ian! :thumsup2

well that doesnt make any sense at all!

Lets say there are 4 mins left to play. Whether Ian Murray takes 1 minute to celebrate with his team or 10 mins to celebrate in front of the jambos, there are still 4 mins left to play when play resumes.

made a bit of a james hunt of that 1.

I think Dumbarton get their game plan right they could make it difficult but if we score early-ish we'll win with a bit to spare. I'll go for a stuffy, well organised display from Dumbarton before we get a couple of late goals to win 2-0.

Really looking forward to a wee day trip through to Edinburgh. My last visit to Tynecastle was to go see Scotland play Estonia so this will be my first club game there. Hopefully a decent crowd too.

The Murray vitriol plus us taking a point off you already should brighten up what most expect to be a routine Hearts win. We really need Kane back ASAP though as we lack a finisher badly and it's hard to see where goals will come from otherwise.

The Murray angle is amusing. Off the pitch he's come across really well and seems very laid back and measured. However, the amount of times he's been in trouble with refs goes to show he clearly has a bit of rage in him.

Hopefully we'll see a GIRFUY victory knee slide down the side of the pitch at full time from him. :lol:

Archived