Heart of Midlothian v Dumbarton, 18/10/2014

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I seem to hear on here is ppl moaning about refs, firstly as a ref at amateur and youth level it's a hard job to do and those who step up deserve enormous credit for the abuse they take week in week out, secondaly hearts don't need any favourable decisions to challenge for the league this season they are head and shoulders above all other teams including sevco! If every division in a game of football was scrutinised there would be people on both sides claiming their side should've got the decision, hearts won today being the best team, and they will win the league in my opinion! If we are best of the part time clubs then that will do me!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day out.

The Prison Officers Social Club was very handy, steak pie at the match very similar to ones at our place. £3.50 for a matchday programme is a bit steep mind you.

Decent view from the stand too.

Sizeable turnout of Sons fans.

All those tenements need bulldozing though and a large dual carriageway constructed in order to ensure a quick, smooth getaway, especially after a heavy defeat.

Another good game,great 1st half performance from Hearts.I thought Gomis,McGee and King were tremendous.Dumbarton were okay,I think they'll fInish about 7th or 8th which would be a great achievement for them.

Went to Tyncastle yesterday for the first time since Scotland played Estonia there c.2000(IIRC?). Nice ground, one of the best in Scotland and just as I'd remembered. Good views from the stand and stewards were helpful too.

Had low expectations of getting a result and no complaints in the end. We didn't do ourself justice at times, particularly in large parts of the first half where a lump up the park was the preference over trying to retain possession. You can't defend your box for 90 minutes against relentless attack and expect to hold out. It's one thing holding out at Easter Rd; quite another at the league leaders. It's unsustainable, and in any case we have better players than that tactic suggests.

We improved in the second half, holding and moving the ball better. At times we caused Hearts problems but all too often failed to find the final ball.

Linton's rash timing for the penalty was poor judgement but it's difficult to single out individuals when the fact is we were well beaten by a better team. Fleming's goal at least gave us a highlight. Clever header from Nish and a tidy finish.

Had Nish's effort at 1-0 not been brilliantly saved by Alexander things may have got interesting for a while, but the result was never really in doubt.

We move on to next weeks freak show. Good luck to Hearts. I don't think you'll find any Sons fan who'd prefer that Glasgow mob over your lot for the league title.

What's all that squabbling for about who got to take the penalty? Do you not have a recognised penalty taker?

We do

El Hassnoui just chose a rather inopportune and inappropiate manner to request a review of the penalty taker

What's all that squabbling for about who got to take the penalty? Do you not have a recognised penalty taker?

Sow missed the last one against Celtic.

As Bauben had scored his against Hibs it seemed certain he should take it but there was a bit of confusion. Big Sow probably wanted to hit it..

The hospitality was excellent. Drink on demand, good food and Scott Wilson is an excellent host. Robbo is total gent as well. I'd recommend it if anyone is thinking of going.

The game itself I though 5-1 maybe flattered us a wee bit, although we didn't really have to get out 3rd gear. Dumbarton didn't once try and play it out from the back and use the full backs. Not once. They also sat far too much off of us in the first half and only came into the game at 3-0 when they pushed further up the pitch. The gulf in class was pretty big.

Didn't think much of El Hass, maybe just one of those games for him, but I thought he was trying too much in the first half and had several absolutely shocking passes.

Head is sore this morning.

Our left hand side is not good enough defensively. Mitch offers no protection and I honestly think Linton is a bit of a liability when he's defending. We play very narrow which allows space for wingers on both sides but I can't remember the last time we stopped a cross coming in from that side.

Hearts were good as expected, cracking ground you have. Fans seem a good bunch but the fan who stood in front of our bus after the game though, what a sad, sad c**t. The red glow from his jaikie face was blinding.

Our left hand side is not good enough defensively. Mitch offers no protection and I honestly think Linton is a bit of a liability when he's defending. We play very narrow which allows space for wingers on both sides but I can't remember the last time we stopped a cross coming in from that side.

Hearts were good as expected, cracking ground you have. Fans seem a good bunch but the fan who stood in front of our bus after the game though, what a sad, sad c**t. The red glow from his jaikie face was blinding.

That matches the description of the guy that was trying to square up to me at Haymarket...from the other platform. Everyone was just pointing and laughing at him :lol:

That matches the description of the guy that was trying to square up to me at Haymarket...from the other platform. Everyone was just pointing and laughing at him :lol:

Know the one you mean, thought he was away to have a cardiac arrest going by the colour of his face. :lol:

Not as bad as mine

I stumbled and fell on the way home from the diggers opened a gash above my eye and went to A&E in an ambulance.

Seriously?! You were knocking them back in Diggers to be fair!

Archived