Poland vs Scotland

f**k right off.

I don't remember him giving it away but if he did it was once - he kept possession in a few spots where normally we'd pump it back to them. We were under immense pressure at the end there and all the lads deserve great credit for keeping the heid in those conditions.

Darren Fletcher has been a fantastic servant to Scotland.

Agreed. We really need him to break back into the Man Utd team though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the middle with this one. I love d fletcher, but we definitely lost something when the subs came on. Maybe that was because Poland went a little wider with mila marauding down their left, or maybe because fletcher didn't quite offer what those he replaced could. I reckon it was a combination of those two things.

I felt the subs were in response to the pressure - not the cause of the pressure.

No, the UEFA site describes how final placings are determined.

I'm on about the updated tables on the UEFA site. They have Germany above us.

Quite frankly I believe the site from those who wrote the rules more than the BBC and someone on Pie and Bovril

Agreed. We really need him to break back into the Man Utd team though.

Aye, I hope he can.

I'm not saying he's back to his best and should be in the team - but he did nothing to merit criticism when he came on tonight. They had all the momentum and were putting us under real pressure.

Quite frankly I believe the site from those who wrote the rules more than the BBC and someone on Pie and Bovril

Depends. If VT posts something on p&b its a stick on fact.

The mistake was trying to park the bus and hold onto a one goal lead.. we are absolutely not good enough defensively for that! Nothing was sticking up front with Martin and there was no one else near him! Wrong changes imo.

In the end we were lucky to escape with a draw.

Regardless of all that, it is a good result but it's beginning to look like Germany might not run away with it after all! Not sure that's necessarily a bad thing as has been said more than a few times.

Steven Fletcher was blowing out his arse as he'd put in a hell of a shift.

The criticism aimed at Strachan's substitutions is harsh in the extreme. Both lads had worked tirelessly and we needed to freshen it up. It wasn't an entirely negative switch - but was trying to get a bit more control over possession.

The poles were brilliant in the last 20 and we deserve a lot of credit for holding on.

If you want to criticise tonight's performance then let it be for the individual errors of Hutton and the general shakiness of the back four and keeper in the first half.

I don't really want to criticize tonights performance. A draw's a fantastic result. I actually thought bringing Darren Fletcher on was a sound move, but he didn't anchor us as I hoped he would.

I am feeling very optimistic about our chances.

While we are still a long way from the finished article, we are now going away on a regular basis and getting results. Those horrible defeats in Serbia and Wales a couple of years ago seem a distant memory.

There's not much that can be done if results elsewhere go against us.

All we can do is play the best we can and get the results we want. In the past we have not done this and that's been disappointing but this time we are playing well and so far have got the expected results. Got to be happy with that.

The group is very much in our hands. 4 points against ROI and a home win against Poland and that should be enough for 2nd place.

Gibraltar will look after itself because they're possibly the worst team in Europe. Georgia away will be tricky but they were far poorer than I expected on Saturday.

We've played our two hardest away games and looked good. We'd have take 4 points at this stage in August.

I felt the subs were in response to the pressure - not the cause of the pressure.

Yep. If there was a substitution which changed the game it was Mila coming on. He caused us loads of problems before Fletcher and Martin on.

There's not much that can be done if results elsewhere go against us.

All we can do is play the best we can and get the results we want. In the past we have not done this and that's been disappointing but this time we are playing well and so far have got the expected results. Got to be happy with that.

This sums it all up.

We have a team we can be proud of just now - and long may that continue.

You can be sure the Irish won't be looking forward to Hampden - although there seems to be more pressure on the home matches in this group.

f**k right off.

I don't remember him giving it away but if he did it was once - he kept possession in a few spots where normally we'd pump it back to them. We were under immense pressure at the end there and all the lads deserve great credit for keeping the heid in those conditions.

Darren Fletcher has been a fantastic servant to Scotland.

Spot on.

See, that's your problem wee man (one of your problems) you're too quick to assume that someone else has authority. In play tables mean f**k all - there are no rules, which means UEFA can't make the rules. Convention suggests one way of drawing up tables and the BBC are following that convention.

You and that other awful bawbag can point to rules on final placings to pick fault at a meaningless and arbitrary graphic but don't try to kid yourself that you're in the right. Head to head is meaningless until teams have played home and away, UEFA website or no UEFA website.

Archived