Let's talk about the demise of Hibs

Marshmallo, on 12 Oct 2014 - 12:42, said:

The Dundee fans in this thread genuinely believe they're of similar stature to Hibs. Incredible.

Of course we don't. We're not struggling in the Championship this season.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Board ever expected to go up this season whatever the soundbytes were. I think the plan was always to hope to finish 3rd/4th and maybe get lucky in the play-off by peaking at the right time... hence the lack of spending, continued reliance on short-term loans and free agents, winding-up the EOS XI and so forth. My guess is the expectation was if we didn't get lucky in the play-off that'd mean Rangers + Hearts going up and Hibs would follow in 2016.

HibeeJibee, on 12 Oct 2014 - 14:16, said:

I don't think the Board ever expected to go up this season whatever the soundbytes were. I think the plan was always to hope to finish 3rd/4th and maybe get lucky in the play-off by peaking at the right time... hence the lack of spending, continued reliance on short-term loans and free agents, winding-up the EOS XI and so forth. My guess is the expectation was if we didn't get lucky in the play-off that'd mean Rangers + Hearts going up and Hibs would follow in 2016.

Nonsense. Plan to finish 4th?!

Hardly makes a difference finishing 3rd or 4th and Falkirk were rated.

I genuinely don't think they had an expectation of finishing top 2, whatever was said.

No wonder your team is utter horseshit if they targeted 4th in the second tier of Scottish football.

Their demise is nothing short of fucking hilarious.

In fact, I hope it continues on the same rapid course that it's been on for the last few years. I wish them nothing but all the ill will in the world.

Nothing would please me more than that rancid club ceasing to exist.

In fact, I hope it continues on the same rapid course that it's been on for the last few years. I wish them nothing but all the ill will in the world.

Offt :lol:

What a bitter wee man.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Their fans have to take some of the blame as well.

Barely turn up (I understand that is partly down to results but eventually you just have to suck it up and get behind the team) and when they do, they are among the worst in the country for getting on their teams back. You get the impression a lot of players don't enjoy playing for Hibs and this is the reason.

Explains their atrocious home form as well.

Their fans have to take some of the blame as well.

Barely turn up (I understand that is partly down to results but eventually you just have to suck it up and get behind the team) and when they do, they are among the worst in the country for getting on their teams back. You get the impression a lot of players don't enjoy playing for Hibs and this is the reason.

Explains their atrocious home form as well.

Tbf, Hearts fans only make more noise than us because they have more fingers to clap with.

f**k sake :lol:

Hibs having a shiter of a season but still going up by worming into the top 4 for the first time on the last day of the season, and winning the playoff would be so, so pleasing. Every Jambo who's posted on this thread would be utterly seething that Hibs get the same reward for finishing with about 300 less points than their team, which would be glorious.

Archived