Let's talk about the demise of Hibs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't clear that UKIOS had given Budge the security over the bus shelter, but more fool them if they did as that s(h)ite was worth more than £2.5m. Still, £27.5m in undpaid debts. I wonder what other clubs could have done with a free £27.5m over the tenure of the Pie Man and Vlad? No sporting advantage of course.

I wasn't clear that UKIOS had given Budge the security over the bus shelter, but more fool them if they did as that s(h)ite was worth more than £2.5m. Still, £27.5m in undpaid debts. I wonder what other clubs could have done with a free £27.5m over the tenure of the Pie Man and Vlad? No sporting advantage of course.

You could have bought James Collins 200 times.

How much is the Tynecastle site worth?

You thought that a bank that no longer exists might still hold a security for a debt that no longer exists?

That's confusing

Either you're far cleverer than me or you are a bit out of your depth here

^^^

post-26673-14296443413526_thumb.jpg

Anyway back to the thread topic: the demise of Hibs

I've been working on that for 12 years now and it's going to take quite a few more. Only a moron would try and get this kind of job done inside 10 years. It would end up being botched and would probably come back to haunt you with unforeseen circumstances.

PS does anybody have a spare hollowed out volcano. It's not essential but the next part of the plan would be a lot cooler if I had one.

You thought that a bank that no longer exists might still hold a security for a debt that no longer exists?

That's confusing

Either you're far cleverer than me or you are a bit out of your depth here

UKIOS administrators I meant, smart ass. As in BDO for deceased Rangers FC.

Are you Gorgie Farmers sure Ukios administrators don't have any security on the shelter? What's to stop Mrs Budge selling the site for £20m? Move you fine purveyor's of agricultural football out to Ingliston? Very apt imo.

I'm sure we'd just move to Murrayfield if that happened, FH :)

Are you Gorgie Farmers sure Ukios administrators don't have any security on the shelter? What's to stop Mrs Budge selling the site for £20m? Move you fine purveyor's of agricultural football out to Ingliston? Very apt imo.

That's a good question and one that you'll have to address if the good people of Leith ever decide that community ownership is the way forward.

In our case there's a binding contract between FoH and Budge arranging the terms of the transfer of ownership once FoH have put the money together.

If we were all to cancel our direct debits at once then we could scupper the whole thing but that's up to us collectively. We already have more power to stop the clubs owner doing something like that than any other supporters in Scotland (except maybe Stirling or Dunfermline).

Unless there's a Budge/McCann figure in the wings I'd suggest that a foundation of Hibs project would probably have to buy the club first and then pay off the purchase of the stand in instalments.

Given that this is a thread about Hibs demise, and presumably it's potential rebirth, do you think there's much appetite for a genuine Foundation of Hibs style project amongst our neighbours.

Obviously the FoH was born out of crisis and while Hibs are having a bad time of things now there isn't the urgency about it at least not yet.

What would It take?

Nah, Ingilston is your destination. Mrs Budge can save money by allowing prize heifers to graze and keep the grass trim. A few cow pats will not affect the fitba on show.

post-26673-14296564655255_thumb.jpg

Archived