Let's talk about the demise of Hibs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Once again, the curse strikes Hibs in truly agonising fashion. They should be sitting today with their best ever shot at winning the cup.

On a total downer for the play-offs. The writing is on the wall and we all know it.

Seriously though, why hasn't there been question marks over Alan Stubbs' management of the club? I'd argue he's got the strongest midfield in the league and I'd go as far as saying, that there substitute goalkeeper is the best in the league as well. He's doing a terrible job. Miles off the pace in the league and not a stellar record in the cups either despite a semi-final appearance.

Dreadful. Yet I've not seen a single comment about his management.

Seriously though, why hasn't there been question marks over Alan Stubbs' management of the club? I'd argue he's got the strongest midfield in the league and I'd go as far as saying, that there substitute goalkeeper is the best in the league as well. He's doing a terrible job. Miles off the pace in the league and not a stellar record in the cups either despite a semi-final appearance.

Decent performances against your derby rivals can add a lot of polish to a turd. ;)

Says the tube whose club was bailed out with a cva a year ago and play in a slum stadium they don't own. A juiced club that didn't pay it's debts.

I'll keep Bryan Jacksons number handy for you.

It's his first season in management with a completely new squad from last season and trying to pick up a club relegated shockingly last season.

The "strongest midfield in the league" consists of 3 inexperienced players who haven't played much football in the past 3 years they are progressing very nicely now though.

It also didn't help losing the best striker at the club most of the season, best defender at the club for the run in and the best goalie who signed in January because of a virus.

Next season will give more of an indication as to how good a manager Alan Stubbs will go on to be weather it be in either of the top 2 divisions.

The club own the stadium and it's their only main asset.

And while it's hardly the most salubrious of sporting arenas "Slum" seemed somewhat cruel.

Admittedly it's not going to have Kevin McLeod drooling over it on "Grand Designs" anytime soon but it's sparse functionalist industrial aesthetic is shared by most football grounds redeveloped since the Taylor Report.

The old stand is a bit of a museum piece but some people prefer it (mostly short people) and at least it adds some character and asymmetry to the overall design, just as the decision to go for a large single tier East Stand instead of simply mirroring the West at Easter Road did.

The club own the stadium and it's their only main asset.

And while it's hardly the most salubrious of sporting arenas "Slum" seemed somewhat cruel.

Admittedly it's not going to have Kevin McLeod drooling over it on "Grand Designs" anytime soon but it's sparse functionalist industrial aesthetic is shared by most football grounds redeveloped since the Taylor Report.

The old stand is a bit of a museum piece but some people prefer it (mostly short people) and at least it adds some character and asymmetry to the overall design, just as the decision to go for a large single tier East Stand instead of simply mirroring the West at Easter Road did.

Archived