Injuries & Suspensions

Part and parcel with football.... Suspensions and injuries. Have to admit it's been a cracking season so far. Reckon that Newton will take a bit of chowking though. Although a few mouth watering games still to be played. Mon the lochar

Injuries and suspensions will always play a part in any teams season. Its a squad game though so we'll soon find out how teams are effected through missing players. Personally I can't see Saints winning much. Looks like their best player has now left to join his old club. Big loss for them. Newton, EDU, Lochar and Wigtown to fight it out for the trophys.

Injuries and suspensions will always play a part in any teams season. Its a squad game though so we'll soon find out how teams are effected through missing players. Personally I can't see Saints winning much. Looks like their best player has now left to join his old club. Big loss for them. Newton, EDU, Lochar and Wigtown to fight it out for the trophys.

I'd expect it to be those 4 teams as well!! But can anyone tell me what Edusport are like?? How they play and how good they are etc??

I was speaking to the chairman of edu when they were playing Crichton at galabank and they play there weakened sides against the top sides in the league to gain experience so all credit goes to uppers, vale and Heston when they picked up all 3 points against a the stronger teams

I was speaking to the chairman of edu when they were playing Crichton at galabank and they play there weakened sides against the top sides in the league to gain experience so all credit goes to uppers, vale and Heston when they picked up all 3 points against a the stronger teams

Aye...... 'Cough' bullshit

A lot of teams in the league must not be practising tackles at training

Tackling should be practiced constantly! I'd like to think teams in the South have at least a basic tackling drill in operation at training.

I remember years ago watching Girvan warm up before a game and all they did was sprint 20 metres and slide tackle cones. They repeated this about twenty times until the whole team was sure they could tackle properly. The opposing team were just looking at them as if they were nuts but it clearly riled them cos Girvan won 3-0 that day (only two goals were slide tackles though and the big centre half look like a right tit trying to slide tackle a penalty into the top bag)

Archived