Clubs in abeyance

ollyj

What clubs are still in abeyance? And how long can clubs stay in this state for? Would it be hard for a team from amateur to step up and take the teams name to go junior, or would too much politics be involved to do that. Paying players would not be a problem coming from amateur and fanbase is sparse at that level too. For example wellhouse becoming baillieston.

Most clubs take a year out initially, though if a team doesn’t come back the next year, it’s normally unlikely they’re coming back at all.

The lack of an enclosed ground they have first dibs on knocks most amateur sides out of the equation. For instance, in the Wellhouse/Baillieston example, Station Park is now a housing estate, so where would they play? The area Wellhouse currently play out of is also already served by two Junior teams.

Most importantly, there’s a fair chance they’re content to play at the higher end of the grade they’re in rather than be smaller fish in the Junior pond.

Resurrecting teams artificially seldom works – look at Stonehouse a few years ago. The original team folded due to local apathy, and when outsiders came in, bringing non-local players, nobody went to see them because they weren’t local.

Coupar Angus are in abeyance this season owing to a lack of both background and playing staff. Their performance last season illustrates the problems they are suffering. Fochabers are taking a year out as well citing an inability to attract playing staff.

In terms of last season abeyance's Lossiemouth United returned but Bankfoot Athletic seem to be now defunct. As for Bishopmill United they seem to be still in abeyance but I've also heard that they are done with for good (if someone could confirm/deny I'd appreciate it)

Rossvale seemed to want to eventually take Junior football back to the Baillieston area when they got into the West Juniors- I'm sure that's what they said in their programme for their first game.

Penicuik Ath were in abeyance for about a decade after losing Eastfield Park but I'm sure they kept paying their subs to the East Junior FA and eventually got a ground sorted out and came back- I'm hoping a Cookie fan can confirm this for me....

Rossvale seemed to want to eventually take Junior football back to the Baillieston area when they got into the West Juniors- I'm sure that's what they said in their programme for their first game.

Penicuik Ath were in abeyance for about a decade after losing Eastfield Park but I'm sure they kept paying their subs to the East Junior FA and eventually got a ground sorted out and came back- I'm hoping a Cookie fan can confirm this for me....

I would be very surprised if Rossvale went to Baillieston.They have a fantastic set up at Huntershill in Bishopbriggs,hopefully they will in time develope part of it into a Junior ground.

Archived