REASONING BEHIND VOTING NO

kenny131

I'll be honest with you.

97% of the print press, all the broadcast media and large corporations and world leaders threw their weight behind Westminster and made a laughing stock of democracy.

What a cringe.

dearie dearie me. If you actually believe that then you clearly need help.

I and 2 million other proud Scots voted No because Yes didnt make a good enough case to vote for them, it was as simple as that. Nothing to do with the media and corporations but more to do with the Yes camp not having a proper fiscal policy and not having a clue about currency etc etc etc but I guess the evil Inglish medja brainwashed me.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and drs instead of insults why not try and give a reasoned answer as to why you voted no ?

Not my fault idiot OP is still seething 3 weeks later, when reasons were given.

H2H

What a cringe.

I and 2 million other proud Scots voted No because Yes didnt make a good enough case to vote for them, it was as simple as that. Nothing to do with the media and corporations but more to do with the Yes camp not having a proper fiscal policy and not having a clue about currency etc etc etc but I guess the evil Inglish medja brainwashed me.

You have to be trolling with this? Surely? Or having a laugh?

If there is one smidgeon of your genuine opinion in the above post, you need to pay a visit to the grippery and then sort yourself the f**k out.

What a cringe.

"Proud scots"

"Settled will"

So not entirely innoculated from the outpourings of the media then.

My guess is that in the years to come No voters will find it hard to look their grandchildren in the eye.

I think that would only happen the day the NHS ceases to exist. Until that day comes, I'm proud to have saved my country.

I am patriotic Scot who wanted a country of our own. Disappointed Yes Pissed off No.

You on the other hand are just a giro collecting troll. Who will probably have a few red hand tatoos on your arms thinking its cool as fcek.

Well that's settled it for me.

Next time I'll vote Yes, the case has been made.

I think that would only happen the day the NHS ceases to exist. Until that day comes, I'm proud to have saved my country.

You've saved your country from hope, prosperity, fairness and optimism.

Go you!

I'll be honest with you.

97% of the print press, all the broadcast media and large corporations and world leaders threw their weight behind Westminster and made a laughing stock of democracy.

There's your truth Bants.

So 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, large corporations (who employ people) and Westminster PLUS TWO MILLION of your fellow countrymen in a democracy said No Thanks. So did most other statesmen who were willing to give an opinion.

You and some others said Yes. Ask yourself why all these people said No. Was it just to get this sort of hysteria on P&B or did they perhaps make up their minds on the basis of their experience of the world and it's workings?

I'm sure you will have a conspiratorial answer, but to be honest a lot of us just didn't want it. This focus on having someone born on the same side of a dotted line placed on this land mass choosing your destiny because they must be better at making decisions is laughable. That being the case why was stripping Brussels of all power not an argument?

Really - get over the patriotic, nationalistic thing and accept that many, many people just don't agree and won't agree, and frankly the bit about not looking your children in the eye is laughable as an attempt to gather some sort of victory and moral high ground lost by losing a democratic vote.

So 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, large corporations (who employ people) and Westminster PLUS TWO MILLION of your fellow countrymen in a democracy said No Thanks. So did most other statesmen who were willing to give an opinion.

You and some others said Yes. Ask yourself why all these people said No. Was it just to get this sort of hysteria on P&B or did they perhaps make up their minds on the basis of their experience of the world and it's workings?

I'm sure you will have a conspiratorial answer, but to be honest a lot of us just didn't want it. This focus on having someone born on the same side of a dotted line placed on this land mass choosing your destiny because they must be better at making decisions is laughable. That being the case why was stripping Brussels of all power not an argument?

Really - get over the patriotic, nationalistic thing and accept that many, many people just don't agree and won't agree, and frankly the bit about not looking your children in the eye is laughable as an attempt to gather some sort of victory and moral high ground lost by losing a democratic vote.

telt!

Just to pick you up on one point. Your quote "This focus on having someone born on the same side of a dotted line placed on this land mass choosing your destiny because they must be better at making decisions is laughable". The laughable thing in this is that you fail to realise that it was actually about acountability and not because they would be better at making decisions.

The No vote, whilst being the majority, does not make it the best long term outcome for Scotland. History will tell us if it was or wasn't just as it did with the 1932 German elections.

Just to pick you up on one point. Your quote "This focus on having someone born on the same side of a dotted line placed on this land mass choosing your destiny because they must be better at making decisions is laughable". The laughable thing in this is that you fail to realise that it was actually about acountability and not because they would be better at making decisions.

The No vote, whilst being the majority, does not make it the best long term outcome for Scotland. History will tell us if it was or wasn't just as it did with the 1932 German elections.

oh dear

Good job that wasn't the focus then. The point was that the best people to make decisions about any given place are the people who live there. Simple as that, not where they are born, but where they live. Politicians who have the same or similar experiences as the electorate are more likely to make decisions that benefit the electorate. Politics is far more about geogrpahy and demographics than ideology. Scotland has it's own unique challenges in these aspects, and I and many like me were hopeful that independence would allow a more flexible and useful answer to those challenges than the one size fits all, homogenising and S.E. England-centric outlook of Westminster.

I now wait to see how seriously Westminster takes devolution now, to see if some of what I'd hoped for can still be delivered.

Mr Swinney also announced a new 12% tax on properties costing more than £1m.

And so it begins.

That's a £120,000 on a £1m house - if that tax doesn't exist in the countries around Scotland where would you buy your next house if you were doing well enough to be able to afford that?

Some will continue in Scotland, but others will move. When they move they take their spending power with them.

However, how many houses in Scotland are over £1m - a few hundred, so wont raise much, but its good headlines for the fairer Scotland.

oh dear

I was going to say the 1979 UK elections but thought the point was easier to understand if I went to an extreme example. Since I was responding to a no voter, I thought I had better make my point as obvious as possible. :rolleyes:

ETA: As seen by the subsequent post, even this was beyond his comprehension. :1eye

Good job that wasn't the focus then. The point was that the best people to make decisions about any given place are the people who live there. Simple as that, not where they are born, but where they live. Politicians who have the same or similar experiences as the electorate are more likely to make decisions that benefit the electorate. Politics is far more about geogrpahy and demographics than ideology. Scotland has it's own unique challenges in these aspects, and I and many like me were hopeful that independence would allow a more flexible and useful answer to those challenges than the one size fits all, homogenising and S.E. England-centric outlook of Westminster.

I now wait to see how seriously Westminster takes devolution now, to see if some of what I'd hoped for can still be delivered.

Would the people of the Western Isles, Dumfries and Galloway, Orkney and rural Aberdeenshire perhaps say that the central belt control of a Scottish parliament and agenda is a problem in the future? How far do you decentralise before you find no differences amongst us.

I have more in common with many, many English, Welsh and N Irish people than I do some narrow minded, small country outlook Scots who can't see past people's differences.

Oh my god. Likened to a Nazi now.

Actually, people blinded by one man's character and vision of a country who are better than others, foreigners are no good, they treat us badly etc etc ---- Ah I see your point now about the link.

Archived