REASONING BEHIND VOTING NO

kenny131

I still dont understand why any Scot would vote to be ruled by westminster Tories. I`m a member of HMF and have been for 13 years. I have travelled the length and breadth of the UK and have to say that its clearly evident on the eye where all the money gets invested.

We have huge natural resources that could have paved the way to lift Scotland up of its knees and get rid of the begging bowl.

Yet my fellow county men and woman would rather be governed from Westminster. CRAZY

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only crazy thing are the twats who cant accept the settled will of the Scottish people.

GET OVER IT!

The only crazy thing are the twats who cant accept the settled will of the Scottish people.

GET OVER IT!

Rather than an insult why cant you post a reasoned response.

Your either an Englishman living in Scotland or a Sectarian arsehole thats a memeber of the orange Lodge and your vote was made for ya.

Lots of people voted no because the economic case for independence wasn't made.

That is not to say it doesn't exist, but yes Scotland didh't make it clear.

Currency was also the key factor in all of that - the No campiagn got that spot on really, and any talk of a second push for independence needs to answer the currency question.

GET OVER IT!

There is no such thing as 'the settled will' of the Scots, or anyone else for that matter.

Currency was also the key factor in all of that - the No campiagn got that spot on really, and any talk of a second push for independence needs to answer the currency question.

The media were good at making the currency more important than it actually is and putting the frighteners on people. London would've went down the pan without a currency arrangement. What Yes should have done was say look a currency is the best option for both sides but if the UK want to be arses about it then we'll take our 40 billion out the BOE and use it a reserves for our new currency that will be pegged one to one to sterling and leave London to wallow in it's own pish. Yes didn't do that for some weird reason which was a mistake. I don't agree that the NO campaign played a blinder though. They didn't do anything well but were helped along by a complicit media.

I still dont understand why any Scot would vote to be ruled by westminster Tories.

That's not what we were voting for just like

Voting yes wasn't voting for the SNP apparently.

We'll see in May how many scots vote Tory compared with voting No

That's not what we were voting for just like

Voting yes wasn't voting for the SNP apparently.

We'll see in May how many scots vote Tory compared with voting No

The only thing that matters is how many English people vote Tory I'm afraid.

I'm not sure the currency was a big issue, indeed when Westminster's first attmept to shut down a CU occured, there was a significant narrowing of the polls. Indeed polling always showed that the threats around refusing a currency union were not taken seriously by a majority of people.

based on the two demi-exit polls the story seems to indicate a fragile yes lead in under 55 and Scots born demographics and getting hugely tanked in over 55s and other UK born. Were it something like currency as the sticking point, you'd expect that to reflect across all demographics.

The media were good at making the currency more important than it actually is and putting the frighteners on people. London would've went down the pan without a currency arrangement. What Yes should have done was say look a currency is the best option for both sides but if the UK want to be arses about it then we'll take our 40 billion out the BOE and use it a reserves for our new currency that will be pegged one to one to sterling and leave London to wallow in it's own pish. Yes didn't do that for some weird reason which was a mistake. I don't agree that the NO campaign played a blinder though. They didn't do anything well but were helped along by a complicit media.

Well, currency is pretty important.

The obvious reason the Yes Campaign never fully followed through on debt default is it would have hurt Scotland's credit rating. Using the pound informally would likely have meant huge austerity to - something the No camp did not really make as much of as you'd think.

Ultimately, it is hugely impressive that a currency union sidea held up so well s soon after the Euro-Zone crisis. Strategically that migth have been a mistakle from the SNP in first place, but I don't knopw what alternatve would ahve convinced undecideds

In short, the smart folks in the Yes movement should be focussing on answering taht question before a second referendum...but if we see another one soon(ish) then the obvious charge would eb they have moved their postion. I dunno, it;s a tricky one.

I still dont understand why any Scot would vote to be ruled by westminster Tories. I`m a member of HMF and have been for 13 years. I have travelled the length and breadth of the UK and have to say that its clearly evident on the eye where all the money gets invested.

We have huge natural resources that could have paved the way to lift Scotland up of its knees and get rid of the begging bowl.

Yet my fellow county men and woman would rather be governed from Westminster. CRAZY

I entirely agree.

There is 16 billion pounds to be paid for a new railway in England and it has just been announced that 16 billion pounds are needed to pay for a nuclear power station in England.

Guess who's oil will help pay for them.

England is roughly 90% of Britain and Scotland is roughly 10% therefore the English politicians will always outvote the Scottish ones.

It seems the Scottish sheep like to be governed by England.

and drs instead of insults why not try and give a reasoned answer as to why you voted no ?

I'm not sure the currency was a big issue, indeed when Westminster's first attmept to shut down a CU occured, there was a significant narrowing of the polls. Indeed polling always showed that the threats around refusing a currency union were not taken seriously by a majority of people.

based on the two demi-exit polls the story seems to indicate a fragile yes lead in under 55 and Scots born demographics and getting hugely tanked in over 55s and other UK born. Were it something like currency as the sticking point, you'd expect that to reflect across all demographics.

I think in the end it was taken seriously tbh

The Yougov poll showed No winning everything bary 25-39 i think.

GET OVER IT!

Settled will of the Scottish people really why did they need to cheat then at the ballot stations for the outcome?

Why did Ruth Davidson know the results of the postal votes before they were even counted?

Scottish public got stitched up just like they did back in 79

And any deal was taken of the table hours after the finish,its a international scandal

Something you would expect in a banana republic not the home of democrasy

My guess is that in the years to come No voters will find it hard to look their grandchildren in the eye. And that will be when old people actually care about more than their immediate bubble.

Well, currency is pretty important.

The obvious reason the Yes Campaign never fully followed through on debt default is it would have hurt Scotland's credit rating. Using the pound informally would likely have meant huge austerity to - something the No camp did not really make as much of as you'd think.

Ultimately, it is hugely impressive that a currency union sidea held up so well s soon after the Euro-Zone crisis. Strategically that migth have been a mistakle from the SNP in first place, but I don't knopw what alternatve would ahve convinced undecideds

In short, the smart folks in the Yes movement should be focussing on answering taht question before a second referendum...but if we see another one soon(ish) then the obvious charge would eb they have moved their postion. I dunno, it;s a tricky one.

I've still to see proof that the UK NOT defaulting on THEIR debt would affect our credit rating. Willie Rennie couldn't answer it, can you ?

I watched an unbiased American news show who were adamant that Scotland would have a higher credit rating because we have more assets and a higher GDP per capita. Ireland went bust and they still have a higher credit rating.

Maybe you can be the first person throughout this entire referendum campaign to prove that the UK NOT defaulting on THEIR debt would affect Scotland's credit rating ?

Archived