Congratulations to Dalbeattie and Gala

HibeeJibee

Just putting it out there but the facilities at meadowbank are awful, and gala have their pitched marked out for multi sport. How did they gain their license? It's great for the league but reading some of the criteria , it does baffle me.

wtf :blink:

indoor toilets with hot water for spectators

spacious dressing rooms- if you want the better dressing rooms sign for City!

cover for 8000 people

we've started doing pies this year

the Stenhouse Suite has been built for the referee's relief....

good floodlights.

I'd say despite the stadium being nearly 50 years old compared to the rest of the league the facilities are second to none. what more do you want? the moon on a stick? ok the seats are a bit far from the action but no worse that watching Scotland at Hampden, the away end at Celtic Park or whenever I've seen the Jambos at Murrayfield and nobody slags those stadia off.

cover for 8000 people

good floodlights.

I'd say despite the stadium being nearly 50 years old compared to the rest of the league the facilities are second to none. what more do you want? the moon on a stick? ok the seats are a bit far from the action but no worse that watching Scotland at Hampden, the away end at Celtic Park or whenever I've seen the Jambos at Murrayfield and nobody slags those stadia off.

Calm down now tam. No need to get all defensive. It's often people commenting on the 'licence' without understanding what it entails. Would think meadowbank would meet all the criteria although been a while since I was in the dressing rooms. Doesn't change the fact it can be a poor place to watch a game, but no less than those you've cited as examples.

On the other hand, selkirk have a licence and everyone says how great a set up they have, but no way a full squad of 16, let alone the 18 it is now, can all get changed in the away dressing room without doing it in shifts. There's barely seating for a dozen in there? How can that be?

The problem with Meadowbank is the seats, they're facing the pitch. I nicked that from Bernard Manning the racist old m-City fan. He did say it about Maine Rd when they had to install seats in the Kippax, but you know me, I like a bit of diversity now & again & too keep it topical. I'd have looked a bit daft (what?) if I'd have said it about the Kippax though eh, I mean they knocked it, what I'm ranting on a bit, eh, ya cheeky blighters, ok I'll shurrup then, tsk! No educatin some folk.

Grimbo

cover for 8000 people

good floodlights.

TBH it's very much a British Isles thing most on the continent find weird where we dislike football stadiums that have an athletics/speedway track seeing them as too far away from the pitch. Over in the Junior section I was one of the few that loved the much hated Ravenscraig Stadium of Port Glasgow & Greenock; and of course Meadowbank Thistle were moaned about constantly during their first incarnation in the SFL.

Football fans this side of Europe aren't happy it seems unless they're close enough to the pitch to smell the linesman's BO.

Football fans this side of Europe aren't happy it seems unless they're close enough to the pitch to smell the linesman's BO.

More likely they aren't happy until they're close enough to verbally abuse the officials and players properly.

Currently watching Iceland beat holland two nil with athletics track round the park- in a huge European game too.....

If you read the license criteria and look at what some teams have had to do and jump through hoops you would see that gala and city have been lucky to get their license. The changing rooms at Meadowbank are the same as They Where when the place was Built. And as for gala. Pitches are meant to be the same as Spartans and the changing rooms are meant to have there own toilets. Please do read the daft rules the sfa have for licensing.

If you read the license criteria and look at what some teams have had to do and jump through hoops you would see that gala and city have been lucky to get their license. The changing rooms at Meadowbank are the same as They Where when the place was Built. And as for gala. Pitches are meant to be the same as Spartans and the changing rooms are meant to have there own toilets. Please do read the daft rules the sfa have for licensing.

Understand about the gala issue- not having a toilet in the changing room can't be good. In fact, the toilet for use is actually in an area accessible to the general public so can't see how that could be allowed?

Not sure what the issue might be with meadowbank- surely the licensing can't say that changing rooms have to be built in post 1980 or something like that? Been a while since I was in a changing room there but it seemed to have all the requirements you needed then- unless I've missed one of the requirements? Why do they nee to have in a changing room to get a licence that city don't have?

According to the local press Gala have done all the work needed to gain the licence and that includes new toilets and fixed goals!

Def toilets in changing rooms ..I was there on Saturday..d/k about the goals....good set-up anyway.

Toilets must be a new thing then. Well done getting that done.

All the work has been carried out in the last month or so thats why they have now attained the licence !

TFFT! It would have been a shame if after all their efforts their attempts to get the licence had gone down the pan.

...gets coat... ducks rotten fruit...

Archived