Will Motherwell be relegated?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work of a pedant.

Like ours, not unusual for clubs to take larger followings to cup matches. Potential for crush was always there given the aged construction & seen it happen on many occasions. For those of us there that dark night, thankfully the crush didn't end with another story. Took an even bigger support to the return given the flimsy match tickets offered after the abandoned fixture!

My pervading memory of brockville is similar to this. Was a night game in the cup and we won (2-0 or 2-1) with artero running the show. On the terracing behind the goal and there was a large Dundee support through.

Loved being on terracing and loved the atmosphere but remember it was pitch black on those stairs on the way out and tight as f**k.

I was only 15ish and not as robust as I am now and it was pretty frightening. Probably the only time I've not felt 100% safe at a football ground. Only other time I can think of is a pre season friendly at Grimsby around the same age when a 6ft 4 rasta kept pointing at me and giving it the slit throat gesture from behind the police lines! Obviously I was confident I could take him but I was worried I might be arrested :P

I am utterly astounded that there are 2 teams below Saints in the league and another couple in touch just above us as we have been awful most of the season. It appears to be a rotten division and it would be no surprise to see any one of about 5 teams finish bottom and I cannot see whoever finishes 11th winning the playoffs.

• 7 months later...

There was too much horsing around during the season and had a bit of a mare.

Kept up neigh bother though.

Archived