Will Motherwell be relegated?

Motherwell finished bottom of the SPL in Season 2002/03 but weren't relegated because Falkirk, who won the First Division, didn't meet the SPL ground criteria.

It didn't stop Motherwell voting to relegate Thistle, who were the bottom club the following season, despite Inverness, who were the First Division winners, similarly not have a SPL compliant Stadium.

Motherwell went on to be European regulars while Thistle had to fluke their way out of the Second Division under Dick Campbell.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's odd - how did Partick get demoted straight to the Second Division in your otherwise compelling hard luck story?

Oh that's right, you were relegated deservedly to Division One, embarrassingly claimed that you'd "do an Arsenal" and win the league unbeaten, while actually being put on your arse and deservedly punted into the seaside leagues.

Get off your cross.

Motherwell finished bottom of the SPL in Season 2002/03 but weren't relegated because Falkirk, who won the First Division, didn't meet the SPL ground criteria.

It didn't stop Motherwell voting to relegate Thistle, who were the bottom club the following season, despite Inverness, who were the First Division winners, similarly not have a SPL compliant Stadium.

Motherwell went on to be European regulars while Thistle had to fluke their way out of the Second Division under Dick Campbell.

mEzcgaT.gif

That's odd - how did Partick get demoted straight to the Second Division in your otherwise compelling hard luck story?

Oh that's right, you were relegated deservedly to Division One, embarrassingly claimed that you'd "do an Arsenal" and win the league unbeaten, while actually being put on your arse and deservedly punted into the seaside leagues.

Get off your cross.

Thanks for your input.

Thistle were deservedly relegated from the SPL - that's what usually happens when you finish bottom of the League, though not to Motherwell. Personally, I thought Inverness should have been able to play their home games in Inverness and not forced to pay Aberdeen to hire Pittodrie.

I cetainly didn't claim Thistle would win all their games the following season and we were again deservedly relegated - we were a dreadful side.

The Season after, we were a very poor side but despite finishing about 15 points behing Morton, we were undesevedly promoted through the play-offs.

I still feel bad about that.

Get off your cross.

Good morning champ.

In your lifetime, how many times have you seen the once proud Greenock Morton in Scotland's top flight?

Never?

Just let that sink in.

Swing and a miss.

Thanks for your input.

Thistle were deservedly relegated from the SPL - that's what usually happens when you finish bottom of the League, though not to Motherwell. Personally, I thought Inverness should have been able to play their home games in Inverness and not forced to pay Aberdeen to hire Pittodrie.

I cetainly didn't claim Thistle would win all their games the following season and we were again deservedly relegated - we were a dreadful side.

The Season after, we were a very poor side but despite finishing about 15 points behing Morton, we were undesevedly promoted through the play-offs.

If you felt that you were deservedly relegated, you wouldn't have whined about a technicality in the first place - you did, and expected that'd we'd all fall for yet another nauseating hard luck story peddled by the cuddly toy club: which was clearly bollocks.

If you felt that you were deservedly relegated, you wouldn't have whined about a technicality in the first place - you did, and expected that'd we'd all fall for yet another nauseating hard luck story peddled by the cuddly toy club: which was clearly bollocks.

Morning champ.

How are you enjoying the seaside leagues?

Good morning champ.

In your lifetime, how many times have you seen the once proud Greenock Morton in Scotland's top flight?

Never?

Just let that sink in.

Swing and a miss.

Be a real trooper, and at least try to link your flailing, Brick Tamland responses to what is actually going on after that latest humiliation, champ.

Better luck next time.

I don't. It was fucking hilarious.

Let's not forget Motherwell didn't finish bottom of the league that season, Hibernian did and were rightfully relegated, and Falkirk didn't finish top of the 1st, Dundee did and were also rightfully promoted. The playoffs were removed, that is true, but it was something all 1st division teams were well aware off before a ball was kicked that season.

Very odd when you know the whole story.

The whole story? What story? The one when Motherwell finished bottom of the league in 2002/03 and were spared relegation due to Falkirk spunking cash on players and not their dilapidated home ground?

Is there anyone in the Championship that doesnt have an SPL-compliant Stadium? I know there are plenty of these wee Lego-efforts, but I'd just like to know if there is anyone who doesnt meet the big leagues criteria so that I can cheer the on from afar??

Alloa & Dumbarton spring to mind straight away. Other than that, the rest seem good to go.

So much hate from Falkirk fans for something that happened nearly 20 years ago, when they seem to think they were robbed of promotion due to Machiavellian scheming behind the scenes to the benefit of Motherwell.

Let's not forget Motherwell didn't finish bottom of the league that season, Hibernian did and were rightfully relegated, and Falkirk didn't finish top of the 1st, Dundee did and were also rightfully promoted. The playoffs were removed, that is true, but it was something all 1st division teams were well aware off before a ball was kicked that season. Finally let's not forget that Brockville was a death trap at the time and did not match top division requirements, something Falkirk were well aware of however refused to address.

Despite all this Falkirk fans still have this massive chip on their shoulders about Motherwell. Very odd when you know the whole story.

I posted my wee bit as a long running joke but this post has more fails than a moron doing a Physics exam.

How is 2003 20 years ago?

We did finish top

You did finish bottom

Death trap how?

We didn't want promoted and to play at Brockville.

I don't have a chip, I like a laugh and this is always a great subject to get 1

Gaz FFC will never get over it. Falkirk could win the Scottish cup (I know) and he'd still be bitter.

It's quite embarrassing how the complete opposite of me that statement actually is.

I don't understand how Falkirk winning a Scottish cup would change me if I was bitter?

Archived