Will Motherwell be relegated?

How is 2003 20 years ago?

I am speaking from the 97/98 season when there was league reconstruction. As we are now in the 14/15 season, nearly 20 years is entirely valid.

You did finish bottom

Er.. ?

Death trap how?

Seriously?

We didn't want promoted and to play at Brockville.

You had years to refurbish Brockville but refused, and while other clubs used money to fix their stadiums your club put the money into the team - effectively cheating. You were rightly refused promotion.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am speaking from the 97/98 season when there was league reconstruction. As we are now in the 14/15 season, nearly 20 years is entirely valid.

Everyone else was/is making reference to the 2002/03 season, so your post was totally invalid.

Given that Motherwell's "sorry ass" has been saved by Falkirk on one occasion (2002/03) I'd have thought that was pretty obvious.

Also, you've made reference to league reconstruction in 1997/98. League reconstruction didn't occur until the end of 1999/2000 season when Aberdeen were saved from the prospect of a play-off due to to the state of Brockville.

HTH.

I hope they finish 11th and play Hibs in the playoff final. Decent spectacle probably overshadow Scottish Cup Final. Hibs having overcome sevco after wins home and away in the playoff semi

Er.. ?

Seriously?

You had years to refurbish Brockville but refused, and while other clubs used money to fix their stadiums your club put the money into the team - effectively cheating. You were rightly refused promotion.

I really really really don't want to go over this again as it's been done to death on P&B but your last sentence just cannot be ignored.

We tried for around a decade to move from Brockville before we finally managed it.

We also never blew millions on a team instead.

The team that won the 1st division in 2003 cost nowt.

You also failed to explain how Brockville is a death trap?

Someone should also tell the local council who allowed spectators into Said death trap.

I really really really don't want to go over this again as it's been done to death on P&B but your last sentence just cannot be ignored.

We tried for around a decade to move from Brockville before we finally managed it.

We also never blew millions on a team instead.

The team that won the 1st division in 2003 cost nowt.

Someone should also tell the local council who allowed spectators into Said death trap.

8dawS5b.jpg

Given that Motherwell's "sorry ass" has been saved by Falkirk on one occasion (2002/03) I'd have thought that was pretty obvious.

Also, you've made reference to league reconstruction in 1997/98. League reconstruction didn't occur until the end of 1999/2000 season when Aberdeen were saved from the prospect of a play-off due to to the state of Brockville.

HTH.

Casual Bystander making a c**t of himself.

Standard.

The thing is, Motherwell never stopped Falkirk from being promoted, we had no real say in the matter. Yes we ultimately benefitted from it, but not once has Motherwell stopped a team being promoted, well at least not in the last 20 years.

Also, the 2003 team didn't cost a penny? Well done on winning the league with a squad of unpaid players

The thing is, Motherwell never stopped Falkirk from being promoted, we had no real say in the matter. Yes we ultimately benefitted from it, but not once has Motherwell stopped a team being promoted, well at least not in the last 20 years.

Also, the 2003 team didn't cost a penny? Well done on winning the league with a squad of unpaid players

No say? Could've swore you got a vote.

So you believe we were playing Sevco like wages in division 1 in 2002-2003?

Anyway, we are off topic. Let's hope Motherwell are relegated and see what saves them this time.

Is there anyone in the Championship that doesnt have an SPL-compliant Stadium? I know there are plenty of these wee Lego-efforts, but I'd just like to know if there is anyone who doesnt meet the big leagues criteria so that I can cheer the on from afar??

The new ground criteria are basically the same for the top two divisions, so anyone currently in the Championship is likely to be allowed to play in the Premiership.

Airdrieonians, season 2001/02. Just saying.

At least we acknowledge this and are embarrassed that David Murray saved us.

Motherwell fans just make stuff up like a raging better together campaigner to make it sound like they deserved to be saved.

Probably referring to the incident after an abandoned Scottish Cup match when the lights went out and a large Motherwell crowd was herded down a narrow crumbling stairwell in the dark, resulting in a serious crush that could easily have turned out a lot worse than it did..

I was there and it was pretty frightening and not exactly H&S compliant..

At least we acknowledge this and are embarrassed that David Murray saved us.

Motherwell fans just make stuff up like a raging better together campaigner to make it sound like they deserved to be saved.

I believe that Motherwell and the top flight are part of a unique union and both benefit from pulling and sharing risks and resources.

Probably referring to the incident after an abandoned Scottish Cup match when the lights went out and a large Motherwell crowd was herded down a narrow crumbling stairwell in the dark, resulting in a serious crush that could easily have turned out a lot worse than it did..

I was there and it was pretty frightening and not exactly H&S compliant..

And the Tannadice main stand?

ETA that game was mid 90s back when folk could be trusted to breathe without some high vis H&S arsehole wrapping them in cottonwool. Man up petal

Aye. That exists.

Work of a pedant.

Like ours, not unusual for clubs to take larger followings to cup matches. Potential for crush was always there given the aged construction & seen it happen on many occasions. For those of us there that dark night, thankfully the crush didn't end with another story. Took an even bigger support to the return given the flimsy match tickets offered after the abandoned fixture!

Archived