Will Motherwell be relegated?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that there is every chance that we will be in amongst it at the end of the season as we look every inch a bottom 6 team at present - but I'd be surprised if we actually went down. I think in Sutton, Ojamma (assuming he stays after Jan) and Ainsworth, we have a top 6 attack and our defence is no worse than most when fit - but IMO we have the worst midfield in the league as things stand and it is that that needs urgent attention.

Much as it pains me to say it, Lasley looks done as a 90 min player and neither Carswell (yet) or Leitch (yet) look capable of replacing him. Lawson has simply been a waste of a wage and Law is not a player who should be a first pick at our level and arguably only performs the function of keeping a home grown player out of the matchday squad. Vigurs is the most frustrating player I've seen in fucking years - hugely talented but his lack of athleticism means that he can only be used in certain roles - and McCall hasn't squared that circle, just as was the case with McFadden before him.

Given that we only in October, this thread is a bit premature - but that it's even being spoken about for the first time in 7 or 8 years tells it's own story....

I have the fear this season, we are playing as bad as Hamilton did against Dumbarton on the second last day of last season. I can't see where our next win is going to come from.

Dundee will beat us next week, Clarky a certainty to score at least one.

It happened, and you were shocking.

Indeed we were but it was ONE game that you continue to talk about ad nauseum!! At least we only have to wait until 8th November for the BarraJag progress report on the Accies....because no games count apart from the ones against Inverness!!

Indeed we were but it was ONE game that you continue to talk about ad nauseum!! At least we only have to wait until 8th November for the BarraJag progress report on the Accies....because no games count apart from the ones against Inverness!!

I mentioned it so people didn't ask who was the worst team against us was, I know it was a hiccup and I know you are a better team than us, if that's what you want me to say :lol:

Personally I would like to see a team like Motherwell finish in the relegation spot, because the SFA/SFL would probably, yet again! reconstruct the league therefore preventing their relegation, if Hamilton or Partick are going down the powers that be won't care less about them anyway.

Personally I would like to see a team like Motherwell finish in the relegation spot, because the SFA/SFL would probably, yet again! reconstruct the league therefore preventing their relegation, if Hamilton or Partick are going down the powers that be won't care less about them anyway.

Errr - you noticed that they calmly allowed Hibs and Hearts to go down, 2 teams that are far more significant to the league than Motherwell?

Falkirk won't be anywhere near the top of the championship to save there sorry ass this time.

So much hate from Falkirk fans for something that happened nearly 20 years ago, when they seem to think they were robbed of promotion due to Machiavellian scheming behind the scenes to the benefit of Motherwell.

Let's not forget Motherwell didn't finish bottom of the league that season, Hibernian did and were rightfully relegated, and Falkirk didn't finish top of the 1st, Dundee did and were also rightfully promoted. The playoffs were removed, that is true, but it was something all 1st division teams were well aware off before a ball was kicked that season. Finally let's not forget that Brockville was a death trap at the time and did not match top division requirements, something Falkirk were well aware of however refused to address.

Despite all this Falkirk fans still have this massive chip on their shoulders about Motherwell. Very odd when you know the whole story.

Archived