Foot Golf

Quentin Taranbino

• 1 year later...

Cumbernauld's course is incredibly difficult. The pin positioning is awful. Pubs decent enough, though there's no showers.

Milngavie is a great course, excellent facilities although we got banned.

There isn't one opening in Dundee anytime soon, it's Perth first.

We'll be heading over to Dunoon next year as the Ayr one is only open at stupid times.

I think Dunoon is the hardest. Have played it 3 times and haven't managed to hit under par.

I think Milngavie has really nice scenery, but find it too easy.

Ayr is now open Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun.

I like Cumbernauld actually, the majority of the pins have now been moved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had a round in Edinburgh today and thought it was great fun. Wasn't too sure what to expect as I've not got the most powerful shot but found accuracy in the short game was more important generally. Ended up 1 over which I was delighted about.

Think for those like myself who don't have an aptitude for golf it's a great substitute and was a great way to spend a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

Played this today at Castle Douglas with a guy from work. He was an absolute bandit, holing shots from all over the place :lol:

Good fun despite that :)

• 2 weeks later...

I played at Ayr a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a great laugh. We were all shite though, scores of +10, +12, +16, +17. For the most part it was hilly, and on the 8th hole if you tapped the ball and missed the hole, you'd roll 50 foot past. It was ridiculous. 

Think we're trying Cumbernauld out soon.

There a hole at Cumbernauld that's positioned on the tip of quite a slope. If you don't stop within about a 2 yard radius of the hole you're basically fucked and are about 20 yards away in long grass.

We went with work and my boss was on about shot 18 (we never read the rules) before picking his ball up and walking off.

I'm at Linlithgow July 2nd. Train day from Dundee so I'm not expecting a low scoring affair. :)

I played at Ayr a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a great laugh. We were all shite though, scores of +10, +12, +16, +17. For the most part it was hilly, and on the 8th hole if you tapped the ball and missed the hole, you'd roll 50 foot past. It was ridiculous.

Cumbernauld is far better. It has so much more variety! I'm only 15 minutes from Coylton, but usually end up travelling to Cumbernauld.

I will keep quiet about the scores I get !!

The 5th & the 8th hole are a joke, more so the 8th. I think they are looking at changing the 8th thankfully!

Motherwell played a lot of football golf on a preseason trip a couple of years back.

We got fucked out of Europe by an Icelandic pub team and ended up in a relegation play off.

After being a bit hesitant of footgolf further up the pitch I've decided it's at least worth a go and me and a couple of mates are going to try linlithgow at some point this summer. What's everyone's average score on this?

• 1 month later...

The 5th and 8th hole were moved a wee while ago so the course is now pretty fair!

• 4 months later...

Played in Cardiff on a mate's stag do last month. 12 of us started, 11 finished after someone sliced a tee shot into the burn/lake that ran alongside one of the holes, with his ball floating away never to be seen again.

We split into 4 groups of 3 which should've worked well but we ended up all on the same hole at some points just due to impatience.

I played much better than Ayr, think I finished 1 over for the 18 holes. Very flat course.

Archived