Junior clubs to other leagues

Madara_666

Brora Rangers are talking about putting promotion to the SPFL to a vote amongst their fans. They have the appropriate level for SPFL4 based on licensing criteria, so it's difficult to see what the loophole is in their case if that stipulation immediately above actually means anything concrete.

well Pollok are one of the best supported teams in Junior Level

yeah, im think in that reason when i mencioned pollok; and arthurlie to hold on the history between this two teams, and of courste pollok and arthurlie now dont have thier best season but this clubs have enough power to beat some LL side, i bet that

He means the rules have changed to get a licence. You now have to show interest in the pyramid. Linlithgow got there licence before this was inserted.

Talbot are close to their licence but this change in wording could rule that out.

So, talbot are close to get a licence? what do you think about the licence of Linlithgow and maybe for Talbot? This licence its a good reason to join a higher league?

So, talbot are close to get a licence? what do you think about the licence of Linlithgow and maybe for Talbot? This licence its a good reason to join a higher league?

If Talbot getting a licence means joining the LL I would rather they didn't.

I personally don't think the senior cup is all that good anyway. Its usually a couple of rounds against absolute dross and then you may get an interesting tie. I can live without it.

Prices are generally higher even though the games are poorer ie £6 against St Cuthbert Wanderers, £8 v Edinburgh City

The key line is the bit where the club signs off its commitment to the pyramid AT THE INSTRUCTION OF THE SFA. To me that could be read as agreeing to move to the pyramid as or when the sfa requires it. Which could be next season given there are spaces to fill. Of course a club can opt to say no thanks but bang goes the licence.

The short answer is that a 3 region 5th tier has been the right model all along but the sjfa are cutting their own throats in a sense with the East West proposal.

Wouldn't wish to join an East/west league either tbh. Could just imagine having to travel up to Carnoustie on a midweek in May. It's hard enough getting to places like Kilsyth for a 6.45pm ko never mind another hour odds up the road. . Not many clubs carry a support just now as is so what would it be like on days like this?

#COTB

The key line is the bit where the club signs off its commitment to the pyramid AT THE INSTRUCTION OF THE SFA. To me that could be read as agreeing to move to the pyramid as or when the sfa requires it. Which could be next season given there are spaces to fill. Of course a club can opt to say no thanks but bang goes the licence.

It was obviously designed to scare top juniors clubs away, but the composition of the SFA board has changed since then after the power play move by the Professional Game board (effectively the SPFL were pulling the strings on that) and the move to exclude junior qualifiers from the Scottish Cup got defeated at their last AGM.

It was obviously designed to scare top juniors clubs away, but the composition of the SFA board has changed since then after the power play move by the Professional Game board (effectively the SPFL were pulling the strings on that) and the move to exclude junior qualifiers from the Scottish Cup got defeated at their last AGM.

nonetheless, the line is still in there.

...which is why I suspect there's a pyramid related end game where the proposed east/west superleague is concerned. The document defines the pyramid as progression through all the levels of the game and not just as SPFL + HL/LL. You can be in the pyramid without being in the LL in other words, and the issue at that point becomes whether progression is compulsory, which is where Brora's shenanigans enter the picture.

...which is why I suspect there's a pyramid related end game where the proposed east/west superleague is concerned. The document defines the pyramid as progression through all the levels of the game and not just as SPFL + HL/LL. You can be in the pyramid without being in the LL in other words, and the issue at that point becomes whether progression is compulsory, which is where Brora's shenanigans enter the picture.

We won't know until the matter is tested but I suspect differently. I was going to post reasons in here but I'll head to the East West thread instead.

Brora's owner and financial backer has stated before that he would rather Brora attempted to dominate the Highland league rather than accept promotion to the SPFL. If he's conducting a poll amongst the fans that's interesting.

Asking the supporters what they think? That'll never catch on.

This thread is sort of covering 2 aspects at once.

In terms of how the pyramid could be consolidated and rationalised - in the North, it should clearly be achieved by formally placing the North Juniors under HL. It could absorb the (tiny) North Caledonian League, or the NCL could be treated as if an amateur league. In the South there should clearly be merging of the remaining EOS & SOS with the East & West Juniors respectively: there are some technical issues (e.g. the Tayside Juniors, who are in ER SJFA but north of HL-LL dividing line) but nothing fundemental. Or, if the various leagues were agreeable and the Junior clubs were committed to getting licensed in sufficient numbers, there could be 3 regions formed, a sort of 'North', 'East' and 'West'. That would be much more complicated, though, but it would be closer to the 'ideal'.

In terms of how things are actually working at the moment - the Juniors are outside of the pyramid, and the SPFL, HL, LL and now EOS & SOS (given they apparently have promotion/relegation into LL from this season) are in the pyramid... Maybe the Junior leagues will join in time. Also, LL still has vacancies. There are also (as I see it) a couple of areas of potential significance which only time and happening will clarify. Firstly the application of the "committment to the pyramid" clause, as regards licensed clubs in the Juniors. Secondly the application of promotion being "mandatory", as regards a club that says No or otherwise tries to avoid having to leave HL/LL. Until they happen/don't happen, people can only speculate.

What is certain is that the system will evolve. What remains uncertain is how it will evolve, or even what leagues and clubs will participate.

Archived