The SPFL treat The Rangers to a weekend off

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It avoids putting a player in a potentially horrific position if it was an important game. Imagine what the reaction would be to a loanee giving away the penalty that allows the parent club to win the league?

Depends if it's Ian Black taking the kick, to be fair.

As much as I can understand a manager wanting all the players available to him for every match, when comparing the squads of Rangers and Cowdenbeath, if McCoist feels unable to win a game with someone who's suspended and two players who aren't regular starters away with their countries, I don't even know what to tell you. I can only hope it's enough of a motivation for Cowden to beat them when they game finally plays and Zaliukas and Shiels can bravely play their part (from the bench), and Mohsni can... get sent off, probably.

nope, its just another of a long list of examples of the old firm pleasing themselves and not giving 2 fucks about the rest of scottish football.

Utter nonsense. The rules are there and i cant see why Cowdenbeath even appealed this. I hope they covered the cost of this futile appeal?

Utter nonsense. The rules are there and i cant see why Cowdenbeath even appealed this. I hope they covered the cost of this futile appeal?

How many players will rangers have on international duty, that would have been available for selection against Cowdenbeath?

The P & D's who are complaining about the postponement are the same mopes who would have been complaining about a lack of respect for Cowdenbeath if Rangers had treated this game different from previous games.....

Why would the game getting played show a lack of respect? Would rangers have had to field their reserves?

I take it there's a lot of Rangers players away?

i don't see why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist about this since its the spfl that are in the wrong insisting on having a fixture list for tomorrow instead of having a proper international break for all 4 leagues so everyone gets a chance to watch scotland play

didn't this happen in the good ol' days?

That's a completely different issue to the one being discussed.

oh the one where rangers are to blame for getting this game brought forward.

don't you just hate it when the subject is turned away to actually finding a solution like not playing any games during the international weekend from the tedious piss taking which solves nothing.

The discussion. Isn't about fans frustration about having to make a choice between two games when they want to attend both. Granted, if that was the topic of discussion, you would have offered a solution.

Can you confirm when the game was brought forward to? Has it been played? I though it would be moved to a later date.

i don't see why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist about this since its the spfl that are in the wrong insisting on having a fixture list for tomorrow instead of having a proper international break for all 4 leagues so everyone gets a chance to watch scotland play

didn't this happen in the good ol' days?

It's just the usual crew and their mopery,apart from Cowdenbeath fans who are entitled to have a moan...

It's just the usual crew and their mopery,apart from Cowdenbeath fans who are entitled to have a moan...

Strangely, I'd back any raisins who complained over this, as yet again their new club and, by extension that new club's fans, are coming out of this looking like a set of whining, entitled wee bays.

Funny how few are moaning, isn't it?

Strangely, I'd back any raisins who complained over this, as yet again their new club and, by extension that new club's fans, are coming out of this looking like a set of whining, entitled wee bays.

As you are someone who doesn't even attend his own clubs matches why does it bother you so much? Just your usual trolling?

Absolutely astonishing. Even by this bigots standards. A thread were it has been little but Ps & Ds whining like wee girls he tries to turn it all around. What a weird warped world you live in Norman.

We're not whining, well I am not. Pretty funny that the mighty newrankers have shat it off Cowdenbeath with only one player missing and ultimately having a string of midweek fixtures could cost you dearly.

Personally I think Aberdeen made the right decision to postpone the smurn game as if we had gotten past Sociedad in Europe (you know, where the big teams get to play) the schedule would have been a bit ludicrous.

As it was, we narrowly missed out on the group stages, NARROWLY and ultimately I reckon it cost us 2 points as the smurn were awful at Pittodrie but had significantly improved since the absolute clusterfuck they were at the start of the season.

Imagine if you were denied promotion because your manager didn't have the bottle to play the Beath with a slightly weakened side. I would laugh myself to death.

We're not whining, well I am not. Pretty funny that the mighty newrankers have shat it off Cowdenbeath with only one player missing and ultimately having a string of midweek fixtures could cost you dearly.

Personally I think Aberdeen made the right decision to postpone the smurn game as if we had gotten past Sociedad in Europe (you know, where the big teams get to play) the schedule would have been a bit ludicrous.

As it was, we narrowly missed out on the group stages, NARROWLY and ultimately I reckon it cost us 2 points as the smurn were awful at Pittodrie but had significantly improved since the absolute clusterfuck they were at the start of the season.

Imagine if you were denied promotion because your manager didn't have the bottle to play the Beath with a slightly weakened side. I would laugh myself to death.

You didn't get past Sociedad though. So why postpone the game?

Sociedad also got knocked out in the next round, so you hardly missed out narrowly. Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Had to decide / request postponement before the outcome of the tie with Sociedad and I am only citing it as an example of the potential pitfalls ina crowded fixture list. When it turned out we were not going to add to the top number of European trophy wins for a Scottish side, I admit it was a bit awkward and slightly annoying.

But hindsight is a great thing isn't it. I look forward to seeing you lot and your car-crash comedy club ruing this decision.

Archived