The Apprentice Series 10

meanmistermustard

I don't even think the 'heated' aspect of the jacket was good. If a jacket isn't making you warm without a heat aid then it isn't doing it's f£cking job!!

I'm shocked there isn't such a thing as a jacket that can charge a phone on the market yet. An invention with a portable charger would surely make a fortune?!

I've watched the show for years now and don't know the answer to this, but when they do these tasks and someone places an order do they honour that order or is it a case of "if you were real we'd buy this many?"

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even think the 'heated' aspect of the jacket was good. If a jacket isn't making you warm without a heat aid then it isn't doing it's f£cking job!!

I'm shocked there isn't such a thing as a jacket that can charge a phone on the market yet. An invention with a portable charger would surely make a fortune?!

I've watched the show for years now and don't know the answer to this, but when they do these tasks and someone places an order do they honour that order or is it a case of "if you were real we'd buy this many?"

The jacket that can charge a phone is all well and good but you'd have to charge the jacket itself.

And they're just dummy orders. Most of the time they're sympathy orders I think or at least playing to the cameras, as the vast majority of products created are fucking abysmal and in actual meetings would be laughed/angrily ejected for time wasting shite out of the room.

The jacket that can charge a phone is all well and good but you'd have to charge the jacket itself.

Indeed. The reason for the solar panels was to power everything. That they didn't realise they would have to be visible was incredible.

I assume Sugar has a clause built in that means he would own the rights to any credible products created?

I assume Sugar has a clause built in that means he would own the rights to any credible products created?

There must be some clause behind the scenes on this topic. Sugar must cover his arse if he does in fact have the rights, but then this is surely exploiting the candidates? Let's say one of them came up with an exceptional invention that shops loved and seriously wanted it to go into production. Sugar would no doubt take it on, but if I was the candidate(s) that came up with the idea then I'd be wanting some sort of financial award for it. It would surely lead to a lawsuit against him? I know the chances of these morons coming up with a life-changing invention is slim, but still. I'm probably over thinking it FAR to much as well!

There must be some clause behind the scenes on this topic. Sugar must cover his arse if he does in fact have the rights, but then this is surely exploiting the candidates? Let's say one of them came up with an exceptional invention that shops loved and seriously wanted it to go into production. Sugar would no doubt take it on, but if I was the candidate(s) that came up with the idea then I'd be wanting some sort of financial award for it. It would surely lead to a lawsuit against him? I know the chances of these morons coming up with a life-changing invention is slim, but still. I'm probably over thinking it FAR to much as well!

There was that stars biscuits task a few years ago that got an order of 900k units from Asda. Don't know what happened with that but surely someone would have picked up on it.

edit; as for the jacket charger, I'm sure I read that Microsoft blocked a laptop company from producing self charging laptops over some legal pish. I'm sure they would be the same.

double edit: for the camera jumper: if they could have been able to attach it to sports clothes for, say, analysis training or something then it could have been okay. By that I mean they can play back first person views to analyse or whatever.

I think one of the really interesting things about this series of The Apprentice is how what are basically large groups of white people have turned on and blamed a female Muslim and a black gay guy.

Having said that I find it hard to believe Steven is a social worker! f**k sake!

I reckon Jemma is going to be one of the stronger candidates and I'm looking forward to the inevitable Daniel/James boardroom apocalypse.

There was that stars biscuits task a few years ago that got an order of 900k units from Asda. Don't know what happened with that but surely someone would have picked up on it.

edit; as for the jacket charger, I'm sure I read that Microsoft blocked a laptop company from producing self charging laptops over some legal pish. I'm sure they would be the same.

double edit: for the camera jumper: if they could have been able to attach it to sports clothes for, say, analysis training or something then it could have been okay. By that I mean they can play back first person views to analyse or whatever.

Helmet-cam would be a unique product.

I think one of the really interesting things about this series of The Apprentice is how what are basically large groups of white people have turned on and blamed a female Muslim and a black gay guy.

You're not being serious here are you?

Stephen comes across as a total bellend. In the first episode he was was more of a hindrance than help. In the second one he was anonymous yet managed to stay out of the boardroom.

The muslim lassie was clearly out of her depth last week and was rightly so criticised for her lack of leadership; as was the talk heterosexual white woman in episode one.

I hope it was tongue in cheek and you're not actually genuine about that. They have been criticised because of their poor performances, not because of their ethnic race, choice of religion or sexuality. To say the others are all singling these two out is ludicrous.

When I was at Uni, they made it very clear that the rights to anything designed or developed by you belonged to them and them alone.

I'd imagine the apprentice will be the same?

This is a gag, right?

You're not being serious here are you?

Stephen comes across as a total bellend. In the first episode he was was more of a hindrance than help. In the second one he was anonymous yet managed to stay out of the boardroom.

The muslim lassie was clearly out of her depth last week and was rightly so criticised for her lack of leadership; as was the talk heterosexual white woman in episode one.

I hope it was tongue in cheek and you're not actually genuine about that. They have been criticised because of their poor performances, not because of their ethnic race, choice of religion or sexuality. To say the others are all singling these two out is ludicrous.

Stephen might well be a complete bellend but his business decisions were correct, if Chiles had followed them they would have probably won the task. In the boardroom the entire male team turned against him despite this fact. The entire team. Even after Sugar and Nick had a go at them for scapegoating him they were still blaming him. They should have been able to see past his camp temper tantrums and actually identified that his decisions were correct and that he wasn't to blame for the task. Sugar ended up basically telling Felipe not to bring Stephen into the boardroom "for the wrong reasons".

Nurun was weak but she was bullied into being PM in a task that was not suited to her. Ella, who was foremost among those that put pressure on Nurun to take the PM position, lists "fashion and design" as her interests. Hmmm.

I'm not saying there was any definite conscious or sub conscious discrimination at play but I certainly think it's interesting that when there are 10 people in the room it's the Muslim woman and the gay black man that are singled out in that way.

Archived