The Apprentice Series 10

meanmistermustard

3 things

1) Robert had to go. Quite simply, a c**t.

2) Was Scott going for the stereotypical Scotsman role? About 3 dozen angry faces interspersed with "whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa guys guys guys guys guys"

3) Sarah is the classic case of "Baywatch from the back, crimewatch from the front". As alluded to earlier in the thread, Roisin is the only attractive female.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lassie with the headscarf who lead the women's team was abysmal and had no place being there. She was easily bullied, indecisive, nervous, weak and unable to handle the pressure. I fear she was selected as someone to point and laugh, something the show is doing more and more. This always happened but it was more over a cock up in a task or some silly quote. Now it's more sinister it seems by sneering at those who are clearly uncomfortable and struggling. I know the show is edited to have point and laugh moments and the contestants know this too, but it's usually at something like a brash soundbite or the shit jumper from last night.

Regarding the guy who Sugar said should be the team leader: as soon as he shat it he would have been as well just going home. In fact I'm pretty certain he was a plant. They've clearly tried to go even more 'reality' in this series, which in this context (and indeed the context of 'reality TV' in general, is pretty much the opposite of reality with just about every such moment being massively manufactured). There has been an aspect of the bickering between teams, but so much of it seems massively forced and staged. They clearly vet candidates to ensure they get the biggest p***ks they can find. The insecurity of these preening, arrogant, nasty fucks is amplified by the editing and the careful manipulation of the situations.

Also some of them are clearly plants hired to say and do certain things at certain times to manufacture tension.

"PRIVACY IS HISTORY!". Alarm bells should've been ringing as soon as one of the guys uttered this phrase.

When they were talking about going to a theme park and filming it I was thinking that this surely has to be illegal? It's creepy and very peado-ey at the least. What a brutal idea. And the final product was breathtakingly bad. An utter piece of shit that must have taken about 10 minutes to make. How hard do you think the people who it was pitched to laughed when the team shambled out in shame? I can't think of a worse product in the history of the show.

The woman's product was garbage as well and I'm astounded they got so many orders.

At least Nick's faces of disgust, bemusement and exasperation remain.

Its been rubbish since they changed from a job to an investment.

Weeks and weeks of tasks to then come down to who has the best business idea. Pointless

It's been pointless since then, I'd agree. It's not been rubbish. Last series was good and so was the one before, considerably better than some of the ones before in fact, it's just such an unsatisfactory end when it turns into an episode of Dragon's Den.

When they were talking about going to a theme park and filming it I was thinking that this surely has to be illegal? It's creepy and very peado-ey at the least. What a brutal idea. And the final product was breathtakingly bad. An utter piece of shit that must have taken about 10 minutes to make. How hard do you think the people who it was pitched to laughed when the team shambled out in shame? I can't think of a worse product in the history of the show.

The woman's product was garbage as well and I'm astounded they got so many orders.

At least Nick's faces of disgust, bemusement and exasperation remain.

I fully expected a 0-0 draw in orders. I'm likewise surprised the Decadence team (It will ALWAYS be Team Decadence whatever they are now calling it) managed an order. Actually their product could have been ok if they'd just stuck with the charger and the heat pads and found a way to incorporate the solar panels into the design better. No idea what they thought they were achieving with having christmas lights round the lapel border though.

The girls are pretty stupid as a group it seems (which makes it all the more astonishing they've won the two tasks so far). Not one of them realised the meaning of the word "Decadence", most of them didn't realise a solar panel has to be on view to the light to work (the clue's in the name girls) and only one of them had the common sense to realise they were needlessly over-loading the product last night.

Generally actually I think the boys are better. There are a few who look like they might be capable but they've so far been drowned out by morons. Particularly Scott last night who was incapable of speaking at all without doing so through gritted teeth and sticking his head forward like he was about to nut someone! Once they lost it was inevitable that the pretendy project manager who didn't actually manage and the shirker who hid from the responsibility but tried to back seat drive anyway would have to go. Dan was fortunate too and there were a pile of other passengers. The early episodes are bad for that though as there are so many people it's inevitable some will not be seen doing much.

That Scottish bloke was a wind up. Folk with Weegie accents like his trying to sound intelligent is just weird and un-nerving. What was with him gritting his teeth as well? Looked so out of place.

I fully expected a 0-0 draw in orders. I'm likewise surprised the Decadence team (It will ALWAYS be Team Decadence whatever they are now calling it) managed an order. Actually their product could have been ok if they'd just stuck with the charger and the heat pads and found a way to incorporate the solar panels into the design better. No idea what they thought they were achieving with having christmas lights round the lapel border though.

The girls are pretty stupid as a group it seems (which makes it all the more astonishing they've won the two tasks so far). Not one of them realised the meaning of the word "Decadence", most of them didn't realise a solar panel has to be on view to the light to work (the clue's in the name girls) and only one of them had the common sense to realise they were needlessly over-loading the product last night.

Generally actually I think the boys are better. There are a few who look like they might be capable but they've so far been drowned out by morons. Particularly Scott last night who was incapable of speaking at all without doing so through gritted teeth and sticking his head forward like he was about to nut someone! Once they lost it was inevitable that the pretendy project manager who didn't actually manage and the shirker who hid from the responsibility but tried to back seat drive anyway would have to go. Dan was fortunate too and there were a pile of other passengers. The early episodes are bad for that though as there are so many people it's inevitable some will not be seen doing much.

Last night when one of the lassies asked the one who came up with 'Tenacity' if they knew what it meant clearly had no idea herself.

You can usually pick a few decent candidates out after a couple of tasks, but this crop seem to be absolutely terrible.

The lawyer woman with the harsh cockney accent and the Aussie guy look the strongest so far. The rest are utter bomb scares.

I think 10 people a team is far too many to be honest - it's quite easy for people to hide and I don't think there's enough to keep everyone busy in tasks like last night's one.

It really annoyed me that he was trying to claim he was only interested in "high end" fashion technology or whatever bollocks he was on about. It's like me waking up and think I can be the manager of Real Madrid when I don't want to prove I can manage Clyde. I'm glad Sugar fired him the way he did.

I always hate almost everyone on this show but seem to be drawn to it every year. Possibly (as some people have already mentioned) it is because you get to see smug p***ks fail miserably and get their dreams shattered. It really is a wonderful example of people who claim to be great sellers and wonderful business people yet have no people skills and no basic sense.

Don't like the slightly newer format of having it as a business investment, it gives some candidates a better shot even if they aren't that great as Sugar knows what the business plan is beforehand. It would make great TV if he didn't have a clue and then in the last episode when they all pitched their idea that was the first time he had a chance to hear their ideas (especially if the ideas were awful)

Starting with ten candidates on each side is far more to do with upping the number of firings and possible fireworks then celebrating 10 years. The same with every other show on tv nowadays it's felt it there has to be a spectacle and flare up each episode to get an audience, usually to the detriment of the show itself.

The show is always better when the number of candidates is sufficiently lowered so you can see more of them during the tasks then either being shown to be completely clueless the whole way thru each task or ignored and never on screen. Both of last night's PM's were useless. The fact that girls got any orders was quite a surprise considering their pitches were awful and the product had so many flaws however it was slightly better than the camera jumper which would never get passed being incredibly creepy for one. Shite idea, shite design, shite product.

You'll find the kind of people who run businesses have zero common sence and zero people skills. In my personal experience this is definitely the case.

100% a square go will take place between Daniel and the Yorkshire Dapper laughs guy. Karen to get in amongst it and put them both to sleep.

I'd like to get in amongst Karen too tbf

It's been pointless since then, I'd agree. It's not been rubbish. Last series was good and so was the one before, considerably better than some of the ones before in fact, it's just such an unsatisfactory end when it turns into an episode of Dragon's Den.

Its still watchable tv but as a concept its rubbish.

Cant believe the girls have won two weeks with, possibly, the two worst PMs ever! This weeks should have been frog marched off the set as soon as she uttered the words "Decade = decadence. I dont really know what that means though"

The jumper wasnt the worst concept in the world - most wearable tech has the same kind of "convenient" camera - but it just looked utterly awful. The fact that they couldnt, then, sell it didnt help :lol: Wearable tech was a ridiculous task to pick anyway. Its such a niche market with very little scope for coming up with anything new.

I think they could maybe have passed the wearable camera if they had went for a sporty point of sale, have it on a cycling jacket or running vest or hat or something! you need to be running somewhere interesting to watch it back tho! It was just creepy as it was!

As for the girls team! They couldn't get their heads around solar power! And they won!

Guys - A wearable camera equipped sports vest for climbers, bikers and divers (as explained above)

Girls - If they just stuck with the phone recharger in a dressy jacket for women.

Two decent enough products there, and they would have both received much more interest.

Archived