The Apprentice Series 10

meanmistermustard

Doesn't really matter if he "goes mental". There are either rules or there aren't. Yes I know, the one and only important rule is that Sugar can do what he likes but still, he should have taken it on the chin, ranted about it, and not disallowed it. Especially in the circumstances where they quite obviously made a far better fist of the task than the other team.

If you gave someone £1,000 to get a second hand car and then you came back with an old Matchbox toy car and said "but I saved you a bundle" you probably wouldn't be happy with them.

It was pretty obvious what he meant when he asked them to get an anatomical skeleton and they totally failed to obey the instructions.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agreed with Sugar's decision re. the skeleton. Felipe and Daniel knew exactly what they were doing and tried to pull a fast one. It was never going to go unpunished; and rightly so. They'd have known what they were to get. It's the same thing every single year. If they genuinely thought they'd get away with a paper skeleton then they are thick as f£ck. Sugar was totally correct to fine them. In all honesty I'd have brought them back in for trying to mug him off, purely based on that.

I'm really struggling to like anyone this year. Katie is an absolute snake and I can't believe folk can't see her for what she is. I actually hope she makes it through to the interviews to see her be completely annihilated though! Daniel is just a narcissistic pleb. Sanjay is an absolute donkey. Mark has become tedious and hasn't really been the revelation I thought he might have been. Soloman does very little except smile all the time and Geninho is dull and useless. She should have been sacked the day she gave a shop exclusivity for Westminster, with a whole 6 products!!

Roisin is by far the only one I want to win.

If you gave someone £1,000 to get a second hand car and then you came back with an old Matchbox toy car and said "but I saved you a bundle" you probably wouldn't be happy with them.

It was pretty obvious what he meant when he asked them to get an anatomical skeleton and they totally failed to obey the instructions.

That's a dreadful analagy. A matchbox toy car is not the same and wouldn't meet the spec if you were asked to get a motor car.

If the paper skeleton is indeed both "anatomically correct" and "180 cm tall" then it does all it was required to do. It was made to look like a joke because it was still in the packet but had it actually been assembled it wouldn't have looked that different to the other one. Would he have disallowed a "proper" skeleton if it had been packed in a box and requiring assembly?

There were two fundamental differences between the skeletons supplied by each team. (1) the construction material, and (2) the fact one was assembled and one wasn't. The requirements didn't specify assembly nor construction material.

I doubt he'd even have bothered to disallow it if Felipe hadn't been heard coming over all "I'm a lawyer, I'll argue my case" (which he cowardly didn't actually do in the end, instead reverting to the "but the shop assistant told me it was fine" case). Sugar hates lawyers and accountants. Any opportunity to take them down a peg or two is taken, as it was with Roisin last week even though she's clearly been the best in the whole process by a mile.

Sanjay was incompetent the whole way thru, a truly clueless waste of space never mind PM, Roisin saved herself with the bargain price on the diamond.

As for the other team i dont understand why Katie and Mark didnt think to cut the rope in the garden center as it was too long and therefore would get fined for being the wrong item. Regardless of the lack of small print it was obvious what the skeleton had to be, going with a paper one was a stupid move as Sugar would never allow it and they were never going to win the argument. And that Oud oil was as dodgy as it comes.

How Daniel survives week after week baffles me.

Its pretty obvious that outside Katie, Mark and Roisin the others have no chance of winning unless all of those three somehow manage to totally f**k up their chances in either their business plans or CV's. Tho as folk keep saying Roisin's biggest problem might be that she is a lawyer.

I'm not convinced if it was someone sugar liked he wouldn't have let the skeleton go! I don't think the other teams was real bones either?

I reckon had it been someone he liked (James for example) he would have said it was showing initiative and thinking outside the box etc etc like when he stuck up for James lying to his team last week, whereas we all thought he was a wee fanny!

Agree that based on tasks roisin is the only winner however who knows what will happen when it turns into dragons den at the end.

Daniel really isn't popular any time he goes back to the house but I wonder how much that is down to mark who I think is a total rat!

Doesn't really matter if he "goes mental". There are either rules or there aren't. Yes I know, the one and only important rule is that Sugar can do what he likes but still, he should have taken it on the chin, ranted about it, and not disallowed it. Especially in the circumstances where they quite obviously made a far better fist of the task than the other team.

This.

If you have to say "I meant" to someone then that means you havent specified what you want properly and thats your fault, not theirs. Obviously, the specifications are a little vague to make it more difficult to source the items but what they bought matched the spec and Sugar should just have taken it.

They got back to the boardroom early, maybe it would have helped it theyd started building it :lol:

That's a dreadful analagy. A matchbox toy car is not the same and wouldn't meet the spec if you were asked to get a motor car.

If the paper skeleton is indeed both "anatomically correct" and "180 cm tall" then it does all it was required to do. It was made to look like a joke because it was still in the packet but had it actually been assembled it wouldn't have looked that different to the other one. Would he have disallowed a "proper" skeleton if it had been packed in a box and requiring assembly?

There were two fundamental differences between the skeletons supplied by each team. (1) the construction material, and (2) the fact one was assembled and one wasn't. The requirements didn't specify assembly nor construction material.

I doubt he'd even have bothered to disallow it if Felipe hadn't been heard coming over all "I'm a lawyer, I'll argue my case" (which he cowardly didn't actually do in the end, instead reverting to the "but the shop assistant told me it was fine" case). Sugar hates lawyers and accountants. Any opportunity to take them down a peg or two is taken, as it was with Roisin last week even though she's clearly been the best in the whole process by a mile.

A paper model skeleton cannot be anatomically correct because it is made of folded paper. If you don't understand why then there is not much point stressing the point.

Daniel really isn't popular any time he goes back to the house but I wonder how much that is down to mark who I think is a total rat!

Everyone cheered when Katie came back and then no one cheered when Daniel came back. Also when Sugar came to the house at the beginning of the show Daniel was sitting by himself in a room. He's obviously not liked in the group.

Everyone cheered when Katie came back and then no one cheered when Daniel came back. Also when Sugar came to the house at the beginning of the show Daniel was sitting by himself in a room. He's obviously not liked in the group.

It's probably a good thing to be an outsider in that group of detestable cretins.

If ever anyone needed proof of what a sly snake Mark is, last night was a perfect example. He deliberately lets other people make mistakes just so he can bring it up later on in the boardroom. Horrible creature.

That's the way it is now. Instead of mucking in as a team and trying to win the task they spend most of the time attempting to cover their tracks so they're not implicated later on in the boardroom.

On a side note I actually quite like Daniel. Yes he is a bit of a dick and of course he'd be a nightmare to work with but i'm willing him to get one over on Mark. Fingers crossed he gets his chance next week.

I certainly fall on the side of those who think that Felipe was unfairly fired.

The whole programme's obviously stage managed and contrived to a huge extent, but Lord Shugg's reaction to the flat pack skeleton seemed so arbitrary, that it made the episode more of a farce than normal. Not that it had any credibility to lose, but still...

I certainly fall on the side of those who think that Felipe was unfairly fired.

The whole programme's obviously stage managed and contrived to a huge extent, but Lord Shugg's reaction to the flat pack skeleton seemed so arbitrary, that it made the episode more of a farce than normal. Not that it had any credibility to lose, but still...

Didn't seem at all arbitrary. When deciding who to have as a business partner, being a deliberate wise arse interpreting requirements isn't someone you want on your side pissing off customers and clients. It was an incredibly unprofessional move.

I'm not going to start railing against any enormous miscarriage of justice, as there was always a fair chance that it was going to backfire, but Sugar never adequately explained why it never fulfilled the brief. The football boot and cake analogies were both completely nonsensical.

On another day, and with a more favoured candidate, I'm not entirely sure he would have come to the same decision.

Sugar's ego is ruining it a bit now IMO. He got outsmarted and the toys went out the pram.

I hope he steps aside for next year, I feel the show could do with some new blood in his position.

A paper model skeleton cannot be anatomically correct because it is made of folded paper. If you don't understand why then there is not much point stressing the point.

Why can it not be anatomically correct? I don't understand why and I'd like you to explain it.The construction material itself doesn't preclude it being correct if it's made properly. It claimed on the box to be anatomically correct.

How the f**k was he outsmarted? Good luck getting a component for a client then coming back with a paper toy version and telling them you had outsmarted them. Even if a court of law found you had followed their vague instructions to the letter and they had to pay up its a shite business move.

The task was about negotiating not being a smart arse.

Anyway despite his obvious character flaws I'm warming to Daniel. Everyone else is a fucking dick or 50 shades of beige.

A Daniel win would be brilliant now just for the seethe and scenes.

Archived