Will be the same at the end of the season. There's already a points gap growing, does anyone fancy their club to mount a challenge to reduce this or should we just be resigned to our fate?

Motherwell have looked awful but you'd fancy them to go on a run at some point. Thistle and Dundee having probably been showing the best flashes of form, but all the current top six have looked quite strong in their own way(apart from celtc obvs) so far and I'm not sure I can see any of them falling back enough.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to have picked up a bit despite our injury woes. We've picked up away recently and even held our own for a while against Celtic at home. The next two home games are ICT and Ross County who we tend to be able to give a good game. Two wins isn't entirely out of the question for us though I'd take 3/4pts given our season so far.

Although I'm not sure who'd I'd pick to drop out of the top 6. Once again, consistency for us has been a nightmare. I'd say the most likely would be Killie, mainly because I thought they looked a bit crap when they beat us earlier in the season, but even then I'm stretching for hope.

We seem to have picked up a bit despite our injury woes. We've picked up away recently and even held our own for a while against Celtic at home. The next two home games are ICT and Ross County who we tend to be able to give a good game. Two wins isn't entirely out of the question for us though I'd take 3/4pts given our season so far.

Although I'm not sure who'd I'd pick to drop out of the top 6. Once again, consistency for us has been a nightmare. I'd say the most likely would be Killie, mainly because I thought they looked a bit crap when they beat us earlier in the season, but even then I'm stretching for hope.

This used to be a cause for optimism, you could argue it's points dropped now losing to them at home.

Killie and Hamilton won't keep their form up forever, both will probably finish mid-table, but they've shown their potential by getting off to great starts and are able to match any of the current bottom six. The plastic pitches could be an important factor in keeping up their home form. Whatever happens it looks like every position in the league will be much closer than last season, which is great.

County looked absolutely hopeless against us, and looking at the league table they've carried that forward - 1 win in 9 is just dreadful. Pretty sure they'll finish bottom, barring an excellent January transfer window.

Speaking of which - a hell of a lot hinges on January. If we get a good centre half to partner Seabourne, *and* a good left back, I'd fancy us to push for top 6. Otherwise I can't see us breaking into that top half with the squad as is. Presumably it's much the same elsewhere, of course...

Archived