Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde

Kinda the position i'm in, will be fkn murder right enough when the time comes 2 jack it in.

Honestly contemplated apologising for calling fellow clyde fans sheep and shyte bags, but i wont, because you are.

Cannibal though i don't know you, thank you for being far more articulate than i.

Thank you salute.

We are all Clyde fans and we all hope there is still a Clyde FC in years to come that we can support. I really think the fans (all fans - not just owners) deserve an update on just what the Board have done in the last 18 months since the vote. And if this deal is dead then we should a) officially put this name change crap behind us and b) have some idea of what their plan B is for the future of Clyde.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you salute.

We are all Clyde fans and we all hope there is still a Clyde FC in years to come that we can support. I really think the fans (all fans - not just owners) deserve an update on just what the Board have done in the last 18 months since the vote. And if this deal is dead then we should a) officially put this name change crap behind us and b) have some idea of what their plan B is for the future of Clyde.

There is no plan b, unless you are talking about the plan you have not been told which is the merger with EKFC. That is the long term plan, they would then look to make EK Thistle a feeder club.

I love these threads. They always end really well

Do you really believe Kean is going to back 2 teams in EK? Do you really believe EK Trust will? Wake up before its too late. For all my booting of the Bully Wee whilst you are down, I genuinely would hate for you to disappear. As far as I am concerned that is what will happen when (not if) the merger happens. Your chairman is determined to see it through no matter what.

Thank you salute.

You and i have had our moments but this, and and your other posts on this thread i pretty much agree with. I'd also say a further half dozen or so who were up north wouldn't object to me saying so for them as well. Part of my reason for not signing up to the cic is down to not really seeing or knowing exactly what anyone does. Frankly if Gerry Dunn, and the Three Amigos of chairmen we got in a lucky bag post Carmichael, hold places down on a board of a succesful club, then it doesnt show the current lot in a great light. If i shook hands with any of them i'd count my fingers afterwards. But being the Club's Knights in shining armour they are, there obviously isn't a thing anyone could do about it.

yes, I apologise! there's no need to go over all this again. Still interested in what owners actually get though.

As for the game I would hope we could beat either side. Remember a good bevvy session and trip away to Spartans with McCusker scoring a penalty (i think) and then us gubbing them in one of the most freezing nights at Broadwood I ever experienced. Would probably rather face EK and thrash them though

Really do miss the days when we all just supported the team, there was no mention of EK or all this political nonsense.

As for the CIC, you get a bi-monthly news letter which is usually an interesting read, access to the egm/AGM and access to the forum which has fewer posters but usually the same info as on here. There a Q &A section with the board and they have generally been very quick at replying although sometimes there may not be much substance to their reply.

I didn't make the first game but can remember the reply when we won 5-0. Agree with another poster am sure we played and beat Spartans 3 or 4 years ago in a pre-season friendly.

After getting through what I feared would be a huge banana skin away at Turiff we really should be making it through against either EK or Spartans.

I didn't make the first game but can remember the reply when we won 5-0. Agree with another poster am sure we played and beat Spartans 3 or 4 years ago in a pre-season friendly.

Wasn't pre-season. It was towards November time when we were already out the cup. Birnstingl played in goals, Jason Marr played as a trialist, as did Scott McManus and may well have scored; Liam Cusack certainly did as a substitute. Really enjoyed the date out through there; it's a good set-up.

2 questions on this ek shyte:

1- is a vote taken 18months ago and counting actually still valid? Surely a revote must be required after a certain period of time had lapsed?

2- is there a re-election process for officials such as the chairman or are these clowns in position forever more?

I thought someone very close to you would have explained it himself. If you asked him of course. The vote is entirely binding. Even if/when the present move idea dies on its arse, the next mob who we approach can call us on changing it then and chase us if we don't, given we have voted to do so once already.

2 questions on this ek shyte:

1- is a vote taken 18months ago and counting actually still valid? Surely a revote must be required after a certain period of time had lapsed?

2- is there a re-election process for officials such as the chairman or are these clowns in position forever more?

1. chairman says no need for a vote or discussion on ek vote (you can read that on the q and a on the website )

2 Yes and Yes

1. chairman says no need for a vote or discussion on ek vote (you can read that on the q and a on the website )

2 Yes and Yes

1 - That's not to say he can automatically stop another vote, unless he thinks he's King Canute (original spelling Cnut the Great ironically enough)

2 - Yes & not necessarily

1 - That's not to say he can automatically stop another vote, unless he thinks he's King Canute (original spelling Cnut the Great ironically enough)

2 - Yes & not necessarily

What a coincidence :o original spelling of alexander is cnut also :o

You and i have had our moments but this, and and your other posts on this thread i pretty much agree with. I'd also say a further half dozen or so who were up north wouldn't object to me saying so for them as well. Part of my reason for not signing up to the cic is down to not really seeing or knowing exactly what anyone does. Frankly if Gerry Dunn, and the Three Amigos of chairmen we got in a lucky bag post Carmichael, hold places down on a board of a succesful club, then it doesnt show the current lot in a great light. If i shook hands with any of them i'd count my fingers afterwards. But being the Club's Knights in shining armour they are, there obviously isn't a thing anyone could do about it.

Cheers SA

Let's hope one of the owners can pick this up and get some kind of response from the Board. Although it looks from a later reply like the Board don't feel the need to.

Really do miss the days when we all just supported the team, there was no mention of EK or all this political nonsense.

As for the CIC, you get a bi-monthly news letter which is usually an interesting read, access to the egm/AGM and access to the forum which has fewer posters but usually the same info as on here. There a Q &A section with the board and they have generally been very quick at replying although sometimes there may not be much substance to their reply.

After getting through what I feared would be a huge banana skin away at Turiff we really should be making it through against either EK or Spartans.

And thanks Jack, I suppose the newsletter sounds interesting enough but apart from that it seems closer to a supporters "club" rather than genuine "ownership".

Anyway I agree we should fancy our chances against either side then hopefully a big team away from home

Archived