Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

I made a similar point on another thread a few months ago but some people up here love to take a male name and simply alter it to sound more feminine. Such is the lack of imagination in the islands.

I've genuinely seen the names Jimima, Donalda, Kenina, and Murdina in use.

Jemima, if it's upper class totty

Here with some raddled actor who gets blow jobs in cars in LA.

jemima_hugh_1245471c.jpg

Is it not France where you have to pick from an approved list of names?

Iceland too - there's none of this "we like the name Versace" pish. There you get a list of a couple of thousand names and get telt to pick one of them.

If you insist on calling junior Diesel fair play, but he won't get a passport.

Found an article about a recent case involving an English guy (called Tristan... <_< ) moaning about how he's just cottoned on to this. His wean's 10, so on the ball there...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/26/iceland-strict-naming-convention-cardew-family

There's a laddie from Bonnyrigg called Astro - he must be about 30 - his mum was a bit of a ride hippy.

Actually, he was a graffiti artist with spray paint - if you ever saw 'Astro' sprayed on the street walls of Edinburgh back in the day, that was him.

In fact, even if you didn't see it, it was still him.

Edited by paranoid android

The bestselling book "Freakonomics" has an interesting chapter on how kids in the US are seriously disadvantaged by being given "black" forenames.

Who do you suppose gets the job interview - Michael, or his brother Tito? Janet, or her sister LaToya?

Much the same here with chav names. Not too many MPs or captains of industry called Wayne and Chardonnay yet.

But there's always Lembit Opik>

Edited by Stag Nation

I was in school with a boy called Harley Davidson.

My brother went to school with an Elvis Aaron Presley Brown.

I know a Douglas Douglas. Seriously.

We had a next door neighbour years ago called Donald McDonald and I also know a Robert Robertson.

Heard a woman shout at her daughter when I was passing a Greggs. "Shanghai, you wanting a sausage role or a steak bake." Kid was about five. I wept........with laughter. What chance does she have with a job application.

She'll make a fine darts player, maybe.

Or lap dancer :thumsup2

Way back in my primary school days there was a head case called Pete Peters and an Alexander Alexander aka Sandy. There were also twins Henrietta and Wilhelmina. Also went out with a girl called Doris whose middle name was Enid.