Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Rangers had a player called Quentin Young back in the mid-70s, which seemed seriously bizarre at the time given names like Alex, Rab, Tam, Davie and Billy were still very much in vogue.

No they didn't. They did have a player called Quinton Young who later played for East Fife. Not much better I grant you.

Annoying things people write on Facebook for this pish, but I read there this morning that my pal in Australia had a wee boy yesterday.

She called him Ocean - a wee brother for London. Just as well she lives on the other side of the world or she'd get booted square in the pie.

Annoying things people write on Facebook for this pish, but I read there this morning that my pal in Australia had a wee boy yesterday.

She called him Ocean - a wee brother for London. Just as well she lives on the other side of the world or she'd get booted square in the pie.

Should have called him Bridge

PM me the address and I'll administer that boot for free

That trumps my pal Donald Macdonald.

There was a news reporter called Donald John MacDonald on Grampian at one point. Obviously had been told that the middle name was needed to stop him from sounding too inbred.

On stupid names, Doctor is sometimes used as a first name in South Africa:

http://www.name-statistics.org/za/prenume.php?prenume=Doctor

with predictable issues on reaching adulthood if the sprog in question is in a social setting where there are doctors around.