Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

There's a kid called CJ in my son's class at school. Everybody calls him that, it's written on all the school stuff, etc. Was talking to their teacher one day when his mother strode past yelling "CJ!", so I asked the teacher what CJ actually stood for. I got a pained look followed by, "that's his name" :blink:

My cousin went out with a girl from our school for a little while. It was obvious she was going to end up pregnant by someone before she finished her education and it was my cousin who was the lucky man. She called her daughter "Ceejai".

This was the name of one baby in the ward last week. There also was an aria, a Matthew, an Oleg (polish, believe after daddy) and I didn't catch the French ones name.

Guess which one already has a social worker attached

Matthew, obviously - the child of some religious zealot?

Inevitably in Scotland those who give their weans the most horrific names have a surname that makes the horrific name somewhat worse.

I mean, calling your kid 'Armani' is pretty grim, but if you then add a surname like, say.... McGlinchey it's just a clusterfuck.

Armani McGlinchey - just let that sink in. :(

Took the time to look at the General Registers for Scotland website, just to have a chuckle at the names given to boys in Scotland in 2013 (not sure if anyone's posted some of these wee beauties here yet).

The list of single instances of names being given throws up some absolute corkers. Music lovers came up with Ziggy, Ozzy, Jagger and, (classy!) Handel.

Appearing just the once were single letter names in C and T, with notable mentions for Jj, Kcey, T-Jay, CeeJay, PJay, and Superman's original name, Kal-El.

Keeping it real were the parents of Shug. Not so, were the parents of Huckleberry and Hollywood.

And there must be military thoughts behind Victory and (gulp) Argyll -Sutherland.

There are actually a stack of double-barreled first names, the cream of the crop being King-Enoch, Kurtis-Derry, Tyler-Junior, Jaycub-James, Magnus-Mackenzie, Tristan-James and the best bet for a guy who has a lifetime of misery ahead of him, Oscar-Bentley.

I'd imagine that the list of girls' names would reveal some belters that would put the boys in the shade.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

A "mate" of mine just named her 3rd son Soul...wtf :(

Anything with a double X is immediate ned parents warning material. Jaxx, Jaxxon, Alexx, Alexxis etc.

This, from New Zealand, is still up there with my favourites.

"Name?" "Smith"

"First name?" "Number 16 bus shelter"

The "mate" mentioned called her 2nd son Jaxxon

Was at the play park today (not in a Beast sense, I have kids!) and some bloke was shouting for his son. "Axel" was the name so either a big GnR fan or maybe Beverly Hills Cop?

He'll be a big wheel when he grows up...