Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

I went to Scouts with a lad whose parents, both Soul Music fans, named him Marvin Gaye Edmondsen. Now Marvin Edmondsen isn't that bad I suppose but they always called him by his first and middle name. "Marvin Gaye, your tea's ready" and so on. And they expected everyone else to do the same.

Fortunately for him, we boys were all very mature and kind about it.

Working in a shop you hear what the dregs of society call their weans, two that I heard recently were "Kayden" and "Isaac". Also, around this time last year there was this posh mother looking for her lost sprog, yelling "Quentin".

tumblr_n96y6xlDI71rziwwco1_250.gif

Only quentin I've feet heard of is quentin crisp. He's an Englishman in new york

Working in a shop you hear what the dregs of society call their weans, two that I heard recently were "Kayden" and "Isaac". Also, around this time last year there was this posh mother looking for her lost sprog, yelling "Quentin".

Isaac is only a problem if his surname happens to be Cox.

I went to Scouts with a lad...

Total tangent here, but I met an American guy through Scouts called Lionel Pringle. What's wrong with that other than being a Lionel and sharing your surname with a tub of crisps? Not much. However, he would always introduce himself with the following in a Deep South accent:

My naaame is Liiiiiiionel Pringle, that's PEE ARR AYE EN GEE EL EE, Pringle, Liiiiionel Pringle.

You'd hear it in the background every 5 mins at any sort of event. He was like a Forrest Gump cast off character who must have had a dad in the military or something.

Edited by Hedgecutter