Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

My sister in law is pregnant and has picked out Mason. Woeful name.

Seems to be a popular one in Perth just now, know at least 1 person with that and heard a few mention they like it.

My cousin is pregnant and due day now. A friend of hers is constantly giving advice about speeding things up, usually suggesting something that she tried when she was pregnant with her son, Kamuran.

Took me fucking ages, trying to figure out how to pronounce it, before I twigged that she just can't spell Cameron.

In a similar vain, a friend of mine named his first born Camryn.

I had a friend in school who was named Graeme (surname not now important). His old man had buggered off when he was in utero, and he had been raised by his mother and her partner, who's surname happened to be Graham. When his mother married his now step-father, Graeme took his surname also.

Mason is ok I think, as long as you can shake the added connotation from your mind. Borderline child abuse in certain areas, I suppose.

At least the Math teachers will get a kick from that name

(Well at that least the ones who played Black Ops will)

Edited by DAVE1875

Met a chap called Paul once. Or at least that was how I assumed his name would be spelt. Sadly for him, he was blighted with hippie parents, and his name was actually Pol.

An acronym for "Product of Love". :thumbsdown

Was he Cambodian?

Met a chap called Paul once. Or at least that was how I assumed his name would be spelt. Sadly for him, he was blighted with hippie parents, and his name was actually Pol.

I've actually know a guy called Paul who has Pol tattooed on his arm, and insists that everyone must spell his name that way.

I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear me say that he is a bell-end of the highest order.

Presumably the irony of pot being involved in his conception (probably) was lost on them.

There is a complete list of names registered in Scotland on the General Register Office website Some unbelievable ones in there....

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/statistics/theme/vital-events/births/popular-names/babies-first-names-2013/detailed-tables.html

3 boys named Ace. I'm guessing they were Red Dwarf fans.

5761429_std.jpg